Tarot-themed music

drwitz

Look at the physical set-ups in this video clip <grin>

Wonderful video. I was trying to picture the Celtic Cross reading that would accompany it... :)

Thanks for sharing (and thanks to everyone else as well). This continues to be fun!

2dogs

I have a few 1970s progressive rock albums -

Steve Hackett (Genesis) "Voyage of the Acolyte" - "Ace of Wands" / "Hands of the Priestess" / "A Tower Struck Down" / "The Hermit" / "Star of Sirius" / "The Lovers" / "Shadow of the Hierophant",

The Enid "In the Region of the Summer Stars" - "The Fool" / "The Falling Tower" / "Death, the Reaper", "The Lovers" / "The Devil" / "The Sun" / "The Last Judgement" / "In the Region of the Summer Stars",

Walter Wegmüller "Tarot" - double album with 22 tracks of the Major Arcana. Mostly Walter recites things in German backed by an assortment of musicians from a number of experimental rock bands. It's very strange indeed but I like it.

starlightexp

Well I'm not sure about the songs but Suzanne Vega's new album is Tales from the Realm of the Queen of Pentacles

gypsiejones71

Kevin Kendle has a Tarot CD. Equally, I find Reiki Gold by Llewellyn a perfect backdrop for psychic & intuitive readings x

Richard

If you are using any planetary astrological symbolism (such as Magician = Mercury, Empress = Venus, Tower = Mars, etc.), and you are not allergic to 'classical' music, The Planets by Gustav Holst is probably the ultimate musical portrait of the planets (as portrayed in mythology and astrology).

JankaV

Ruth White did some interesting electronic stuff in the late 60s for a play I believe...I want to order it as I think it's only on vinyl.

I need to do more research but I know it's tarot related music at any rate.

Aravagedsomething

"Shape of my heart" by Dominic Miller is really good. I heard it on Pandora one day. :) I think he's referring more to Cartomancy but it's still good!

Siegried

Patti Smith?

I've always thought of Patti Smith's Horses as the perfect tarot reading album that or anything by Santana, Jefferson Airplane, Velvet Underground, Joni Mitchell, David Bowie, Stevie Nicks, or anything psychedelic. For me personally I feel when choosing tarot-themed music it should reflect based on the experience and taste of the person. It should be about reflection. I do have to agree though Florence + the Machine is perfect for a tarot themed music. :D

devilkitty

While not directly Tarot-themed, I find Prabhamandala's Luminous Psyrcle, Hallucinogen's The Lone Deranger, and Shpongle's Divine Moments of Truth fit well with the reading process. 2000-vintage psytrance. Just don't play it too loudly; any of them can be "absorbing".