Arcana: Tarot Playing Cards deck

Rose Lalonde

Arcana: Tarot Playing Cards

If you want a nod to the RWS while reading with playing cards, you might like these. Suits symbols are given in two ways (hearts/cups, wands/clubs, spades/swords, diamonds/pentacles). I see elemental associations in the 2 queens on display (water/cups and earth/pentacles).

There are 56 cards, with 4 majors included in place of the jokers and extra cards: the Fool, the Lovers, Death, and the Tower. (He says he's looking into the possibility of creating a full tarot deck as a stretch goal.)

You can read more on Kickstarter, where the deck is funding through Feb. 11 2015.

Passing along, because I like the lithograph style art, and it seemed like it would be of interest.

moonbear

Just seen this link. Thank you for posting that Rose, they are beautiful cards! I've never backed a Kickstarter project but I'm seriously tempted with these. It would cost me 38 dollars with postage to France but that would get me two decks of cards and they are just lovely.

I'm going to see when you have to pay for them. Hopefully it's not immediately!

Rose Lalonde

Now a full tarot deck too

Hi moonbear. I've backed a couple, and I pay via my Amazon, setting it up right away, but the payment doesn't come out until the day funding ends, which for this deck is about 2 weeks, so hopefully that's enough time.

I'm glad you commented, because I hadn't noticed until I went back today that the stretch goal with the optional expansion majors to make this a complete tarot is definitely happening. :)

Elven

Thankyou for the heads up on this deck - I love it, and I love the idea of the other accompanying items - especially the Coins.
I am so tempted!

moonbear

Hi moonbear. I've backed a couple, and I pay via my Amazon, setting it up right away, but the payment doesn't come out until the day funding ends, which for this deck is about 2 weeks, so hopefully that's enough time.

I'm glad you commented, because I hadn't noticed until I went back today that the stretch goal with the optional expansion majors to make this a complete tarot is definitely happening. :)

Thanks for that Rose. No, two weeks isn't long enough although I went back in and saw that there was a cheaper option I'd missed, an eleven dollar pack (plus postage). However, the more I lingered the more I wanted lol I see he has an add on of the rest of the Majors and I'd definitely want them!!

I'm so spent up after Christmas :laugh: