Druid Animal Oracle Study Group - Index

kahlana

Im back

well hopefully for good this time. now that i have a computer available to me again i would like to work on this deck somemore with all of you so if anyone is still wanting to give it a go let's do it.

fina

Pretty Please

kahlana said:
well hopefully for good this time. now that i have a computer available to me again i would like to work on this deck somemore with all of you so if anyone is still wanting to give it a go let's do it.

I would love to have someone to work on this deck with. My computer is broken, but luckily Hubby has one, too. I added to the Blackbird, but got discouraged that no one else was around. Even if it's just the two of us, I'd like to make some headway. This is my favorite deck.

~ fina and her troop of faeries

Mi-Shell

I am here and would participate!

fina

so do we want to start going over the first cards that have already been done here, or should we move onto a new one?

Mi-Shell

What other decks do you guys have
1) animal decks - Tarot or Oracle
2) Celtic decks
that can yield helpful information and comparisons
What books about the Celtic worldview do we have at hand to draw from, within this study group?

fina

Mi-Shell said:
What other decks do you guys have
1) animal decks - Tarot or Oracle
2) Celtic decks
that can yield helpful information and comparisons
What books about the Celtic worldview do we have at hand to draw from, within this study group?
Actually I only own one animal deck (Druid Animal) and no Celtic decks. I'm kind of a minimalist.
As for books, I highly recommend the Encyclopedia of Mythology (contains Norse, Celtic, and Classical). I bought the Encyclopedia of Celtic Myth and Legend and was very disappointed with it. It is not a encyclopedia but a collection of stories which I find have been done better else where (but that is just my opinion). I also have a book called Merlin (can't remember the subtitle) but it contains primary source material of the poetry attributed to him.

rachelcat

Hmm, let's see. When I did my DAO and Green Man Tree Oracle study, I used:

The books for:
DruidCraft Tarot
Celtic Tree Oracle
Celtic Shaman's Pack by John Matthews
Celtic Totem Animals by John Matthews
New Celtic Oracle by Nigel Jackson
Celtic Oracle by Gerry Thompson
Magic Menagerie by Mike Leslie

And these books:
The Sacred World of the Celts by Nigel Pennick
The Gods of the Celts by Miranda Green
Celtic Myths and Legends by T.W. Rolleston
The Epics of Celtic Ireland by Jean Markale
The Druids by Stuart Piggott
(Now don't laugh--I got it from the library):
The Complete Idiot's Guide to Celtic Wisdom by Carl McColman

I have The Celts and King of the Celts by Markale, but I haven't gotten into them yet.

I recommend the Gods of the Celts for a non-mystical, regular historic/archeological treatment that's easy to read.

I guess I'm a little top-heavy on the Celtic lore and short on the animal lore, huh?

Well, I hope I can remember most of the stuff I read and studied out of all these books for the study group!

Eala the Shy

Hello!
I wanted to join this study group because I love the Druid Animal Oracle, but it has, until recently, been packed away for awhile (Ive been moving). But after I bought the Druidcraft Tarot, I dug it out and have been using it w the Druidcraft. Unfortunately, I dont currently have access to the guide book (still in storage) for the DAO, so have been reading them intuitively as best as I can. So perhaps this thread can help in that endeavor. (And if anyone knows where I can find just the book to replace, I would be mighty appreciative). I hope to add the Druid Plant Oracle in the future as well.
Blessings,
Eala

Eala the Shy

Hello!
I wanted to join this study group because I love the Druid Animal Oracle, but it has, until recently, been packed away for awhile (Ive been moving). But after I bought the Druidcraft Tarot, I dug it out and have been using it w the Druidcraft. Unfortunately, I dont currently have access to the guide book (still in storage) for the DAO, so have been reading them intuitively as best as I can. So perhaps this thread can help in that endeavor. (And if anyone knows where I can find just the book to replace, I would be mighty appreciative). I hope to add the Druid Plant Oracle in the future as well.
Blessings,
Eala