Craft ideas with tarot cards

Selene87

I'm not sure if anyone has covered this topic or not. When I tried to do a search, the search function didn't seem to want to work for me. I recently received a tarot deck for free because the person who owned it thought it was missing cards and that it had extra cards.

Originally, I was going to use the entire messed up deck to do a decoupage table or something, but I've since discovered that it is not missing any cards. It's a complete deck, just with four repeated cards.

Now I want to keep the deck, but I want to use the extra cards for something. I was wondering if anyone had any crafting ideas for things I could use those four cards for?

CrystalSeas

Extra Cards

You could decoupage them to the top of deck storage boxes to make a uniquely identifiable tarot box out of a plain wooden box.

Milfoil

Literally make cards from them - greetings cards, birthday cards etc.

Bhavana

you could make bookmarkers out of them- punch a hole in the top middle to add a ribbon or beaded string or whatever, then decorate the cards with little rhinestones or whatever you can find at the craft store to make it more interesting..not too bumpy, though, since bookmarkers should be mostly or nearly flat.

As for boxes, stores like Michaels or ACMoore sell plain wooden boxes in all sizes that one can paint, then decopage the card to the box and decorate around it, if you are the type to do such things. Make a box for your deck.

If none of these ideas appeal, you could donate a few cards to the lost and found cards thread, maybe someone has that deck and really IS missing one of those cards that you have extras of. Or wait till the next mixed deck project here on AT.

Yineth

Literally make cards from them - greetings cards, birthday cards etc.

I just imagined a birthday greeting card with the RWS Devil card on the front.

Not going to lie; it sounds freaking amazing. :D

Selene87

you could make bookmarkers out of them- punch a hole in the top middle to add a ribbon or beaded string or whatever, then decorate the cards with little rhinestones or whatever you can find at the craft store to make it more interesting..not too bumpy, though, since bookmarkers should be mostly or nearly flat.

As for boxes, stores like Michaels or ACMoore sell plain wooden boxes in all sizes that one can paint, then decopage the card to the box and decorate around it, if you are the type to do such things. Make a box for your deck.

If none of these ideas appeal, you could donate a few cards to the lost and found cards thread, maybe someone has that deck and really IS missing one of those cards that you have extras of. Or wait till the next mixed deck project here on AT.

When is the mixed deck project and how would I find out more about it?

Selene87

Some good ideas. A box for my cards would be great because my drawers are getting full. But bookmarks and greeting cards would be fun too. I'm going to have to think long and hard about how to use these four cards. Too many fun things to do and too few extra cards. lol

tarotbear

Ha Ha ~ I decorated a tree with them! I used the Majors - photocopied them in color and glued them to metallic cardboard - punched a hole and hung them with gold cord, along with brass suns and moons (Dollar Store one year) and lit it with blue lights.

Selene87

Ha Ha ~ I decorated a tree with them! I used the Majors - photocopied them in color and glued them to metallic cardboard - punched a hole and hung them with gold cord, along with brass suns and moons (Dollar Store one year) and lit it with blue lights.

ooh, now there's an idea. Photocopying would allow me to decorate with tarot cards without actually having to ruin a deck or hope to find extra cards. :)

stevie

What I have done....

My husband plays a czech card game where some of the cards look very similar. I have used these to make greeting cards and toppers for gifts and to decorate gift bags. I usually put a boarder around them with scrap book paper and add embellishments. Very cute!

I love the idea of decoupage! I may have to find me a book to cover.