Chakra and Major Arcana

tigerlilybug

I've been searching for links between the Majors and the 7 main chakra I have only been able to find one website tarotize.com that lists CROWN- Hanged Man,The Star,The Fool,Judgement THIRD EYE-High Priestess,The Hermit,The Moon THROAT-The Magician,Hierophant,Wheel of Fortune HEART-Lovers,Justice,Strength,Temperance SOLAR PLEXUS- The Chariot,The Sun,The Tower SACRAL-The Empress,Death ROOT-The Emporer,The Devil,The World So you chakra people out there please let me know what you think of this set up and if you know of other websites or books that go over this I would love to know about it! These do make sense but I could see The Lovers in the Throat and The Emporer in the Solar Plexus although I feel fine leaving them as well :)

nisaba

Why don't you meditate on each Major Arcana card? Fix its image in your mind. Don't think about it - just hold it there. Then see which chakra has changed sensations while you are doing this meditation.

That'll be your answer.

Ace of Stars

Lisa at tarotize.com really knows her stuff :)

aliceinwonderland

I've been searching for links between the Majors and the 7 main chakra I have only been able to find one website tarotize.com that lists CROWN- Hanged Man,The Star,The Fool,Judgement THIRD EYE-High Priestess,The Hermit,The Moon THROAT-The Magician,Hierophant,Wheel of Fortune HEART-Lovers,Justice,Strength,Temperance SOLAR PLEXUS- The Chariot,The Sun,The Tower SACRAL-The Empress,Death ROOT-The Emporer,The Devil,The World So you chakra people out there please let me know what you think of this set up and if you know of other websites or books that go over this I would love to know about it! These do make sense but I could see The Lovers in the Throat and The Emporer in the Solar Plexus although I feel fine leaving them as well :)

Hey Amanda, how are you, chick? Email Lisa direct, I'm sure she'll be happy to recommend a book or guide you in the right direction.

Tarotize@gmail.com

She also has a fb page, can like and ask on it?

Lisa Frideborg Lloyd

Big hug xxx

Lilianne

I'm not even sure this is possible without a lot of mental tweaking as these cards are more usually associated with Qabalistic paths. But it should be possible to find a card with a character identifiable with the chakras. E.g. the priestess (very loosely) = ajna; magician = Vishuddana, the sun = anahata, the moon = svadhishthana. I can't think of what could be associated with muladhara or sahasrara. But I'm probably thinking too Qabalistically.

The tarot and yoga scheme of spiritual energy don't seem to fit together well.

tigerlilybug

Hey Amanda, how are you, chick? Email Lisa direct, I'm sure she'll be happy to recommend a book or guide you in the right direction.

Tarotize@gmail.com

She also has a fb page, can like and ask on it?

Lisa Frideborg Lloyd

Big hug xxx

I'm good Alicia how have you been? Thanks for the email address I do not use facebook so email is best for me :) I found tarotize by using a very old cell phone so the browser is set up strangely. I wasnt able to see much but her list, which adds up those card characteristics are much like the assigned chakras although if I can pick her brain I'd love to see the way she went about selecting them :)

Thank you all for your replies!

aliceinwonderland

I'm good Alicia how have you been? Thanks for the email address I do not use facebook so email is best for me :) I found tarotize by using a very old cell phone so the browser is set up strangely. I wasnt able to see much but her list, which adds up those card characteristics are much like the assigned chakras although if I can pick her brain I'd love to see the way she went about selecting them :)

Thank you all for your replies!

She did a reading for me, and she's always happy to help! Great lady, has done and continues doing serious spiritual work always encouraging people to meditate and yes, clear the chakras...she's fab! And so are you ;)xxx

ravenest

I'm not even sure this is possible without a lot of mental tweaking as these cards are more usually associated with Qabalistic paths. But it should be possible to find a card with a character identifiable with the chakras. E.g. the priestess (very loosely) = ajna; magician = Vishuddana, the sun = anahata, the moon = svadhishthana. I can't think of what could be associated with muladhara or sahasrara. But I'm probably thinking too Qabalistically.

The tarot and yoga scheme of spiritual energy don't seem to fit together well.

Oh ... you were doing good! It can fit together ... just need to find the KEY. :)

With the attributions in the first post ... whats the point? What is the point of ANYONE just rattling off a list on a website or book ? "Oh, this is this and that is that and there you have it." .... they should give a reason why ! Maybe Lilianne didn't but I can see her reasons ( so I don't mean you, I mean in a book or a so-called expert - because some people might be reading it that dont understand associations).

Chakras are elusive critters , did you know tigerlilybug that the 7 chakra system is just one system? Some have more, most other systems have less; 5 or even just 3. But if you want to correlate with tarot 7 is a good system to use.

Think .... what has 7 components that is common to the Tarot Majors and the Chakras (and by way of analogy - astrology through the kabbalah ) ?

The Planets - a 7 level chakra system : 7 planets : 7 planetary trumps.

Have fun :)

[ If you cant work it out yourself there are systems that attribute planets to Chakras ]

Or ... you can do a meditation of visualisation of variant cards on chakras , eg. it might be good to visualise the Star card at the crown chakra and the Universe at the base .... or visa versa .

tigerlilybug

Oh ... you were doing good! It can fit together ... just need to find the KEY. :)

With the attributions in the first post ... whats the point? What is the point of ANYONE just rattling off a list on a website or book ? "Oh, this is this and that is that and there you have it." .... they should give a reason why ! Maybe Lilianne didn't but I can see her reasons ( so I don't mean you, I mean in a book or a so-called expert - because some people might be reading it that dont understand associations).

Chakras are elusive critters , did you know tigerlilybug that the 7 chakra system is just one system? Some have more, most other systems have less; 5 or even just 3. But if you want to correlate with tarot 7 is a good system to use.

Think .... what has 7 components that is common to the Tarot Majors and the Chakras (and by way of analogy - astrology through the kabbalah ) ?

The Planets - a 7 level chakra system : 7 planets : 7 planetary trumps.

Have fun :)

[ If you cant work it out yourself there are systems that attribute planets to Chakras ]

Or ... you can do a meditation of visualisation of variant cards on chakras , eg. it might be good to visualise the Star card at the crown chakra and the Universe at the base .... or visa versa .

I use 7 because I like to learn slow and steady and utilize the information that is available to me right now. I personally prefer to have books because it gives me something to reference, in my opinion the list of cards with the chakras that I found on tarotize.com is the same as a lists of tarot card meanings from a book or website it's something to work from until I gain experience. We all do things differently I see no problem with that. I thank you for your information. :)

tigerlilybug

She did a reading for me, and she's always happy to help! Great lady, has done and continues doing serious spiritual work always encouraging people to meditate and yes, clear the chakras...she's fab! And so are you ;)xxx

I found her on youtube! Her videos are good she has crystals, oils and colored cloths for each chakra it's so vibrant I love her set up:) I emailed her as well to find out how she came up with the list on tarotize and asked about books.

p.s. you are so fabuloso (;