Quincunx/inconjunct.

Sharla

I'm trying to get my head around this aspect, this is the aspect i'm having most difficulty with fully understanding.

Im wanting to learn all the aspects before i start looking at a chart.......i've learnt the other basic stuff, being houses, signs etc

This is what i know so far regarding a quincunx.....

The Quincunx is not an aspect as such because with this being 150 degrees no other aspect can form (major or minor), BUT this is not to say that it doesn't mean anything.

The angle it's at means that the two planets cannot communicate with each other or see each other, even though there is still a connection there between them so this aspect does still mean something.

The other thing i've found out is that if the quincunx does not have a major aspect joining it then this will not give a positive outcome for the quincunx, the quincunx needs a major aspect to make things possible. I am thinking though, that this would just be a (conjunction, opposition or square) as id think that the trine and sextile would be too easy flowing and still not enough action......to make anything change with the quincunx.

Can anyone add anything else about the quincunx, or even tell me if i'm on the right track or not.

Minderwiz

You are quite right, the 150 degree angle is not an aspect, it's an in conjunct or to use the original descriptor; the two planets are averse to each other. You are also right,; there is meaning there. What ever the two planets signify does not gel. It's not attraction or repulsion, it's total unawareness or disinterest. Such a situation will produce no outcome of itself but it might be a significant factor in preventing a desired outcome happening or contribute to an undesired outcome occurring. That is threats or opportunities being missed.

In either of those cases, I'd expect the threat or opportunity to be indicated by a major aspect from a third planet, or from the house and sign position of the two planets, For example Mercury in Leo and the Sun Pisces. Mercury has little strength in Leo but if the Sun had been in it's exaltation of Aries and say in seventh house then Mercury would receive help fro the Sun because of the trine with reception. Move the Sun back a sign to Pisces it has virtually no dignity and is in the sixth.. there's no prospect of assistance.