Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 286 : January 21 - January 27

AJ

her house is an island!

She is well though, although not some of their friends.

Green Faerie

her house is an island!

Very glad to hear that she is safe, and I hope her house has not taken too much damage. :love: I will keep her friends in my thoughts as well.

RiverRunsDeep

her house is an island!

Thank you for the update. I'm so relieved to hear she is safe, and I will keep her friends/neighbors in my thoughts.

CharlotteK......I'm very sorry to hear about your grandma. :heart::heart:

Scarlet Woodland......thanks for posting your thoughts about Animism. Sounds like another one for the wish list for me. (I simply had to search for images of the inbred lion, so funny!!)

CharlotteK

Thank you so much everyone for your kind condolences, it's so appreciated and you are all very lovely ❤❤❤.

The hole in our lives is very large right now. But I did a reading yesterday with a question to the cards for lessons I can learn from my lovely Grandma's passing. The Fountain gave me The Empress, the Queen of Cups, and Death. She was the matriarch of the family , so kind, so loving, never judgmental. And I know she was ready to go, it was her time and she accepted it gracefully and peacefully. I feel very comforted by this reading.

81eeb3a6e5b7a1e6168e7df0788f0a66.jpg

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

DaughterOfDanu

Thank you so much everyone for your kind condolences, it's so appreciated and you are all very lovely ❤❤❤.

The hole in our lives is very large right now. But I did a reading yesterday with a question to the cards for lessons I can learn from my lovely Grandma's passing. The Fountain gave me The Empress, the Queen of Cups, and Death. She was the matriarch of the family , so kind, so loving, never judgmental. And I know she was ready to go, it was her time and she accepted it gracefully and peacefully. I feel very comforted by this reading.

81eeb3a6e5b7a1e6168e7df0788f0a66.jpg

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

The Fountain Tarot looks like a beautiful choice to do this type of reading with. I'm glad it gave you some comfort.

Also happy to hear Bhoditree is okay!!

BodhiSeed

Thank you for your well-wishes everyone!:heart: The water is down, but now the task of salvaging and rebuilding lies ahead for many friends (the tornado completely destroyed some homes here). It has been emotionally overwhelming to say the least. I can only offer my heart and hands to help at this point. I am glad I chose the gentle art of the Greenwood to use this week!

Madame Squee

(((BodhiSeed)))

My prayers are with you and yours and everyone who is dealing with this devastation.

RiverRunsDeep

VG, I haven't been added to the list! :(

Wrapping up the week with Bohemian Gothic, what can I say? It is my first and best love. :heart: Next time I engage in shadow work, it will be with this deck. It tells such amazing stories.

VGimlet

Apologies for the late reply! VG, I would love to know more of your thoughts on the Everyday Witch. Fun and playful sounds wonderful. Did you get over the hats and cats problem? Anything else about the way the deck read or felt to you? And thank you for the new thread! :)

No apologies needed Green Faerie, and it took me awhile to get you on the thread. Once I got going with it I wasn't bothered by the cats and hats. Looking through the deck it's easy to see those kinds of issues, but it read very well, and I connected more with it than I expected. Sometimes I don't do as well with decks I view as being on the softer side, but after a day or so it felt very comfortable.

The water is down, but now the task of salvaging and rebuilding lies ahead for many friends (the tornado completely destroyed some homes here). It has been emotionally overwhelming to say the least. I can only offer my heart and hands to help at this point. I am glad I chose the gentle art of the Greenwood to use this week!

So glad to here that you are okay, and sorry about your friends. :(

VG, I haven't been added to the list! :(

Sorry, I don't know how I missed you River - and you weren't even that deep in the thread! My apologies! :(

Lynd Ward (I keep wanting to write Lyn Ward) was okay. For me, just okay. I'm not sure what didn't work for me either. Wrong deck for the week maybe, as it's been really hectic, and I've been distracted and peeved about having to do something on my one day off this week that I don't want to do. So, maybe I'll try it again in a few weeks and see if I connect better. I don't usually give 2nd chances, I either like a deck or I don't. :lightbulb: This time I think my distraction leaked over to my readings.

I might be a bit late getting the thread up tomorrow, it will depend on when I get back from my Dread Journey. It's bringing my latent drama queen out - ACK! Although the disaster in BodhiSeed's area makes my issues seem like pretty small stuff.