Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 287 : January 28 - February 3

VGimlet

Welcome Silver Fire Prime, Carojulie, lantana & Amberjune!

Welcome to the Deck of the Week Thread, aka the "no rules" thread. })

I hope your are feeling better UniversesCollide - there is a lot of nasty stuff going around right now.

So happy to be using the Knapp Hall for awhile. This deck shouldn't be a favorite of mine, but is for some reason. Why not? The deck is poker sized. I have small hands, but I learned to shuffle with a large deck, so I find small decks uncomfortable. It's a pips deck, most of my favorites have illustrated minors. Very traditional images. Big borders and tiny art. I could go on. Still, there is something about it, and I just like it. :) It makes me happy.

I hopefully will find the newer reprinted version this coming week, I am a little nervous about using the older edition as the puppy is now able to reach some countertops. :eek:

Scarlet Woodland

Captain indecisive says... Mary El Tarot. Finally! :D

RiverRunsDeep

I'm going back to weeding out decks I may or may not like, so this week I will be exploring both the Liminal Tarot and Prisma Visions Tarot. Thank you, VG!! :heart:

Dogs&Coffee

is it too late to sign up?

CharlotteK

Working my way through the Tarot of Trees book before I actually read with the deck, and I'm getting a very positive feeling about the art and the ethos behind it. It's a very well thought through deck, the book is excellent and the cards are lovely. I'm more excited about this one than I have been for a while!

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

DaughterOfDanu

is it too late to sign up?

Never too late :) We have very few (if any?) rules in this group :p

--------------

So far I'm enjoying my week with the Everyday Witch Tarot. It's lighthearted and very easy to read with, I've found. I haven't really spent a lot of time with the Green Witch so I probably will dedicate next week to it. I've been trying to find a way to blend them in a spread, but haven't really found a way yet.

Green Faerie

--------------

So far I'm enjoying my week with the Everyday Witch Tarot. It's lighthearted and very easy to read with, I've found. I haven't really spent a lot of time with the Green Witch so I probably will dedicate next week to it. I've been trying to find a way to blend them in a spread, but haven't really found a way yet.

If you do find a way to create a spread for both of them, please let us know! The Everyday Witch is on my list, and it does seem well-suited to the Green Witch as a companion. It would be lovely to use them together. :)

Dogs&Coffee

--------------

Yay! Glad to hear it! I just got Wild Unknown and I'd love to work thru that for the rest of the week if I could to get familiar.

Do I Just dive in and post on the linked thread, or is there any protocol I'm supposed to follow?

Scarlet Woodland

Yay! Glad to hear it! I just got Wild Unknown and I'd love to work thru that for the rest of the week if I could to get familiar.

Do I Just dive in and post on the linked thread, or is there any protocol I'm supposed to follow?

Nah, just have at it :D

Happy with my choices this week... any combo where I can draw 6 cards and get 2 tigers, 2 wolves, a pair of leopards and a lion is one I heartily approve of.

Current draw includes a cougar, two fish, two unicorns, a wolf and a spooky robed dude walking on water. It's a good week :thumbsup:

Carojulie

And, last but not least : this White Rabbit deck is one of a few of my decks that are still waiting to have their own little pouches - it is still living in its rather flimsy tuckbox for now (I rarely leave my decks in their tuckboxes - I only leave them in their box if it is a nice sturdy one ; otherwise I make them a pouch). So, having it out for a full week will likely force me to knit or sew a pouch for it. That is good.

I did not draw anything yesterday, but last evening I sew a nice pouch for my White Rabbit deck, at long last. There, done ! Thin red and ivory checked cotton for outside, thin beige flowery print for inside, with raw cotton padding sandwiched in between. A simple pouch with a flap, and I embellidhed it with a tiny silvery rabbit charm on the flap. I might add a thin coat of white nail polish on the charm one of these days, and then it will really be the white rabbit pouch !