Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 287 : January 28 - February 3

DaughterOfDanu

en going to try and return the deck as it sounds like any replacement would be the same. So I'm going to work with the deck as it is and on accepting it's flaws as an intrinsic part of the deck as looking past the damage, it is a lovely deck to read with.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
I feel like how much I still appreciate the Tarot of Trees despite my experience to be quite telling of how special the deck really is :) Everything from it's colors, size, and even lamination (sans peeling!) are things I like in a deck. I was very surprised at how easy it was to connect and relate with a deck that has no people

Scarlet Woodland

Thankfully my Tarot Of Trees was bought AS damaged on Etsy for a slightly reduced price so it's easy for me to see its quirks as part of the charm. I can even enjoy the silly cardstock :D

Sometimes though, the harder I have to fight to get a deck, the more connected I am to it. The Lumina had sooo many issues that after my third replacement card had the bottom bit of the print missing, I just said to heck with it and drew it in myself... and now it feels completely "mine". When I ordered the Cosmos set they actually forgot to send it to me the first time, so I had an eight week wait (during which there were lots of reports of mismatched card sizes etc etc). When it finally reached me and was perfect I pretty much cuddled it and wouldn't let go.

RiverRunsDeep

Awe, that's sad to hear. It looks like a lovely deck... almost like Van Gogh meets Monet.

If you have trouble finding a home for it I'd love to be considered :3

You are correct, it is a delicious Van Gogh/Monet hybrid. I will certainly keep you in mind when I begin selling my decks. :)

So many comments about the Tarot of Trees! I am not sure which edition I have, and I don't recall any issues with peeling, but I might have to pull this one out next week just to check on it. I do remember loving the colors, the unique-ness, and the absence of people.