The little white book

MissChiff

I really don't pay attention to most of the little white books but this morning I've been reading the book that comes with the Maddonni Tarot... and its really great! Does anybody else read them? And can you suggest any good ones?....

AJ

a month or so ago there was a thread with suggestions/votes for good little white books.
maybe someone can link it here?

Authors/publishers are getting much better at making them worth the paper to print. Generic keywords brought about wholesale bashing, and someone started listening.

I never throw away any part of deck, guts, or box. Mostly because I love used decks, but wouldn't think of buying one if the box and lbw are missing.

Barleywine

The best ones aren't LWBs at all, but mini-books with high production values. Right now I have the glossy mini-book from the World Spirit Tarot right in front of me, and it seems quite good. I'm also reading the large companion book from the DruidCraft Tarot and getting a lot of value out of it. I generally don't read the abbreviated LWBs that come with my decks, mainly because the print is too tiny for me to bother with.

Nemia

Are there people who don't read them? :bugeyed:

I always do. I keep them in the bag with the deck (and keep the boxes separately). Oh and I remember that thread, can't find it right now. Some LWBs are quite nice.

willowy

a month or so ago there was a thread with suggestions/votes for good little white books.
maybe someone can link it here?

Authors/publishers are getting much better at making them worth the paper to print. Generic keywords brought about wholesale bashing, and someone started listening.

I never throw away any part of deck, guts, or box. Mostly because I love used decks, but wouldn't think of buying one if the box and lbw are missing.

I agree,I always read the little white book,on the whole I prefer when decks have companion books available,but will take what info I can get,I even read the 14 pages of the Lo scarabeo books!I wish they would make them one language at least,some decks they release are so different and original which is great but then the booklet gives no help whatsoever,not to mention the pure waste of paper,I do understand why they do it but wish they didn't.

AnemoneRosie

The Fountain has a great one!
I don't usually read them, though. I'm more likely to in independently produced decks.

nisaba

The onloy one that was remotely interesting to me was the one with the Brueghel. I liked the way it dodn't offer interpretations, but questions.

A lot of the more modern decks that come with neither a full-length book nor a LWB but with an enclosed booklet, are often very interesting.

Rose Lalonde

It's probably not the one others referred to above, but you might like this thread about great LWBs.

Citrin

I really like some of them and dislike others. :p They used to be so much worse from what I remember... I like the Nicoletta Ceccoli, actually gives good little descriptions. I also like the Ludy Lescot for being unique and poetic. I don't know if Vision Quest qualifies as an lwb? It's a bit thicker, but overall that one is amazing. :) Oh and the Cat's Eye Tarot has a lovely one! And the Sun and Moon Tarot too...

So there are some gems! I usually look through them when I open the deck to see if it's worth reading.

MissChiff

Thank you everyone for replying!! I do appreciate it..