Are you obsessed?

Barleywine

I don't know that that's obsession with Tarot itself though as much as trying to force circumstances that aren't there. Though there are people who are very prone to fantasy-thinking and this is why I don't just introduce cards to everyone I know. It's something that if given significant effort to, can certainly improve your life, but without objectivity it is not particularly useful in my experience. I have seen too many people go on a wild goose chase looking for their sense of lost fortune in the cards instead of looking inside themselves. I'm sure some break through, but it takes a lot to look inside yourself to admit you have certain demons and some people stick with fantasy style thinking because that's certainly far more pleasant than facing the scary demons.

Fair enough. Let's call it a "tarot-fueled obsession."

Maru

I don't know why this brought this term to mind... Tarot-holics Anonymous :joke:

Imagining alcohol fueled fights, etc between lovers, except with rival Tarot decks, differing philosophies...

Annabelle

For me, it's nowhere near an obsession. A passion? Maybe. A strong interest? Definitely :).

But I'm not a professional reader, so perhaps I don't have a reason to have a deck in hand as often as some do.

Barleywine

I don't know why this brought this term to mind... Tarot-holics Anonymous :joke:

Imagining alcohol fueled fights, etc between lovers, except with rival Tarot decks, differing philosophies...

I hope nobody makes a stainless-steel tarot deck!

Attachments

• 8c24295e3966b44fe218a5cfb5ae64c1.jpg
    8c24295e3966b44fe218a5cfb5ae64c1.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 86

Cocobird55

When I came back to Tarot after a long breather, I admit I was obsessed. I looked at every tarot site, came to AT three times a day to make sure I didn't miss anything. And I bought every deck that was recommended -- one or two decks a week.

I read tarot books, talked about it, etc.

Now I'm much more balanced. I still come to AT, but only once a day. And I have a much better understanding of what I like, so my buying has decreased a lot.

OTOH, I am now obsessed with fountain pens.

CharlotteK

When I came back to Tarot after a long breather, I admit I was obsessed. I looked at every tarot site, came to AT three times a day to make sure I didn't miss anything. And I bought every deck that was recommended -- one or two decks a week.

I read tarot books, talked about it, etc.

Now I'm much more balanced. I still come to AT, but only once a day. And I have a much better understanding of what I like, so my buying has decreased a lot.

OTOH, I am now obsessed with fountain pens.
You sound a lot like me :)

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

CharlotteK

Agree. Seems to me in the case of someone.asking repeatedly about the feelings of another person ithe obsession is with that other the person and the cards become just one more opportunity.to obsess about them (if we are talking obsession being overly intrusive thoughts and consuming passion). I was briefly obsessed with someone.once. If I'd been into cards at the time I daresay I'd have been doing readings about him constantly.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk