Sexual Key to the Tarot

Laura Borealis

I might already have a lead on it - But I'll keep you in mind!

Sure, let me know. I can stick it in a mailer and drop it in tomorrow's post.

rwcarter

Moderator Note

As a reminder, trades should be arranged in the Tarot Trading forum.

tarotbear

On Abe Books - if anyone is interested: here.

cassildra

I ordered one of these two nights ago. It shipped yesterday. I am stupidly excited to read this book. I'm waiting impatiently! :joke:

tarotbear

I just got my copy - some of it is printed slightly off-square - a really well-designed book! (NOT!)

Can't wait to start reading it! :smoker:

tarotbear

Here is some trivia from the Magician (page 13):

...about his waist is a serpent-cincture, the snake appearing to devour his own tail ....

SEXUAL KEY - Sexual self-love. The snake, always a phallic symbol, has hemipenes located in its tail and is herein depicted in the act of self-fellation. In oral-genital fashion the serpent, in a never ending cycle, is alternately generating and fellating its own semen.

PAMELA COLMAN SMITH - did you know this ? :bugeyed: Why does the snake swallow his semen? BECAUSE HE CAN! :thumbsup: LOL!

I may not be able to make it through this book without hemorrhaging! :joke:

tarotbear

The HP and the Pillars

... She is seated between two pillars, one dark and one light ...

SEXUAL KEY: The symbolization is threefold. One, like the half-hidden scroll [previous paragraph says it's also a phallus], the dark and light pillars (phalli) represent the secret and the obvious respectively, the two aspects of her total sexuality. Two, as symbols of erected, sexually-charged phalli, the two pillars signify her acceptance of man and his penis without discrimination, yet another indication of her free spirit in sexual matters. Three, the bloomed, flowering heads of the pillar-phalli are portents. They symbolize her promise of eruptive and violent orgasms for men with whom she cohabits.

As George Takei would say at this moment: "Oh! MY!"

tarotbear

The Empress and Her Scepter

...The globe of this world surmounts her sceptre ...

Ready? :eek:

SEXUAL KEY: Clearly a phallic symbol, the scepter is held gingerly by the Empress, denoting her high regard for, and fearlessness of, the male penis. She holds the scepter aloft as though to exalt it as she does in her life. The proximity of this symbol to her face suggests her propensity for fellatio, and is further suggested by the enlarged and bulbous head of the symbol, representing the male penis at the point of orgasmic ejaculation, having reached such a state by her impassioned and devoted fellating. That the head is globular secondarily suggests her pursuit of the world pleasures and its green color [:confused:] denotes the fruitfulness of her sexual pursuits.

On the next page the author proclaims: "Her esteem {for male genitalia} manifests itself in overt sexual acts such as fellatio and scrotolingus. She will kiss, tongue, and mouth the male genitals with the same dedication she devotes to copulation. Whatever the sexual act, she gives it her all."

Makes you look at the RWS in an entirely different light, eh? :bugeyed: "For a Good Time - call the Empress!"

RichardG

'scrotolingus' ?!? How Fabulous.

A few years ago I bought the Signet Gift Pack that 3ill.yazia mentioned. My kit contains non-© cards in an early USG yellow box, 10th edition 468 Park Ave LWB, Eden Gray's Tarot Revealed and Mastering The Tarot, and the book in question.....The Sexual Key.

The books in my kit appeared never to have been opened - and that's the way I left them. Until now. Now I notice The Sexual Key boasts "Fully Illustrated" on it's cover....should I take a peek?....Oh! (sighs, almost disappointed)...they're just line drawings of the cards.

So. Random card selection. Death. "The Mystic Rose emblazoned on the banner signifies ever-blossoming vaginas, and the sun, between two phallic symbols, represents ever-rising phalli...."

Fraud, sorry, Freud, gives me the heebie-jeebies at the best of times and I am left wondering how to best incorporate Laurence's RWS erotic fan fiction into my readings with clients........

"Your future - oh the Death card. Don't worry, this isn't what you think..."
"What? Oh no! Am I going to..... die?"
"No, dear. It means your vagina. Your vagina is going to blossom"

:laugh: :D :laugh:

For those wanting to purchase this important text, I would draw your attention to the Citadel Press hardcover 1971 First Editions copies that you'll find floating around the usual traps for about $10....:thumbsup:

tarotbear

A Real Knee-slapper!

I am reading this book with great snorts and guffaws - the Freudian edge is very funny ... but I still have to ask: 'Just what was the true purpose behind this book?' and my answer comes back - 'Some editor thought it would be a hot seller!'

In the first page there is a statement:
"UNLOCK THE SECRETS OF THE TAROT FOR A WONDERFUL SEX LIFE! (sounds like Miss Cleo!)

Once you understand the sexual meaning behind the mysterious and beautiful symbols of the Tarot, you will be able to enhance your future love life. In the Tarot there is power to evoke thought that will help you make the romantic choices right for you."

Then the book gets all normal and boring - could have been written by Eden Gray. There is a 'standard' commentary about the Tarot (did you know the suit of Pentacles corresponds to Clubs in modern card decks? That Pamela was one of Waite's co-workers? That no matter what the question being asked is - it is all about sex?) As much as the introduction tries to sound like 'It's the Dawning of the Age of Aquarius' {it was written in 1971} the pseudo-medical style of the author sounds more like 'It's the Dawning of the Age of Queen Victoria!'

Then the Freudians have fun showing us their slips ... some of the explanations of the sexual symbolism are barely above the level of Boy Scouts trying to sneak a peak into the girl's shower room.

Then there is a section on how to do the good old Celtic Cross layout, and a minimal two pages of explanation on how to select the 'Agent' (Significator) card. Do they tie the Significator ... excuse me - Agent card into the sexual habits assigned to it? No...that would make sense. Where are you supposed to pull this knowledge from ... and when are you supposed to 'reveal' it?

So - where is the "In the Tarot there is power to evoke thought that will help you make the romantic choices right for you" aspects? Are there spreads to help you? No.

All I can imagine if that the male Reader - still glowing from the sex he had during the 'Summer of Love' three years previous convinces some comely female to let him read her cards. She asks for a reading about her finances. He does the CC spread. He says 'The final card is the Empress - she loves to give men oral service while they do the same to her!' Presto-change-o - SEX on the Tarot table!

You've go to be kidding ..... ! :rolleyes:

This sounds more like this Tarot cartoon I have in my files:

Attachments

• Three Cups.jpg
    Three Cups.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 112