How do people read tarot/oracle combinations?

tinkerbell

I've been really enjoying reading about everyone's favourite tarot and oracle combinations but I have a question.
Aside from assuming that most of us are able to read and interpret tarot without using books, how many of you read oracles intuitively?
For myself there are so many different cards I always use the booklet with an oracle.
For those who don't, have you memorised the card meanings or do you just read intuitively or use genuine psychic gifts?
Tink :angel:

EmpressArwen

I am the world's worst memorizer. I will normally use the LWB for oracles, though it's usually just a spring board for my intuition. I never go completely off of what the LWB says but it does help to get my intuitive juices going.

I don't think there is a "right" way to do it...but if I could memorize all of those meanings I would...so much handier to have it in your head than look it up. Unfortunately, my brain doesn't work that way. lol

danieljuk

with both tarot and oracles I use my intuition (reading the image on the card) but I often use the generic meaning (or from books) as well. I use both. With Oracles I don't know the artist/ author's intention of the card often off by heart and so I read up in the LWB like Arwen. I don't always use their take on it though, it's just an idea of the card symbolism. I like Arwen's idea that the text is a spring board to your intuition.

When I have my interpretation of both the tarot card and the oracle, I compare and contrast them for that positional final meaning. Most really good Oracles which touch your intuition don't need much book looking up to be honest.

HeatherRose

I personally like oracle cards that have a key word or phrase on them. I don't usually do full readings with oracle cards, but rather use the tarot for a reading and then use 1-3 oracle cards after to sort of pull together the main, or most important message from the tarot reading.