Getting the hang of Horary - Insight welcomed!

obeygravity

I've been loosely dipping my toes into horary readings and managed to cast my first (and incredibly!) accurate one yesterday regarding when/if I'd hear back from a potential business partner. While the connection between the two of us would likely be a little strenuous (different priorities and what not), ultimately it would prove to be pretty beneficial. From what I dissected in the chart, I predicted that I would actually hear from them before the end of the day today and low and behold - I got an email from them just a couple of hours ago to move forward and discuss things more intensively!

Since that one proved to be accurate (to a fault, even showing the third party connection for how I was put in touch with them), I decided to do another one and this one for - of course - love. The question was simply what I needed to know about the next relationship I would be in. This is my first time doing one for love/relationships and I'm finding that this one seems a lot more layered and complicated than the one I did yesterday for work/business so I'd love further eyes in directing me my further on this.

[ The Chart ]

SO, to the nitty gritty -

- The Ascendant is in Leo, so the Sun represents me. The Sun just entered Aquarius in the 6th house. It's in Saturn's House, and Mercury's Triplicity since the chart was cast at night. It's also in it's detriment so I'd see that to show that while relationships may be on my mind, I don't have much confidence in one occurring any time soon. With Sun in it's detriment, it also points to me not being the person who's in control over a relationship developing. It's also in Saturn's Terms (So once again it will be up to Saturn to define the relationship) but it is in Venus' face (which also represents me since this is love reading) so I DO have a hand in the matter, it's just a rather weak one.

- The sun is also in the 6th house so it gets added accidental debility in this situation.

- The Descendant is in Aquarius, so Saturn represents my future potential partner. Saturn is in Sagittarius, placing it in Jupiter's house, and Jupiter's Triplicity since the chart was cast at night. This may mean that whoever my potential partner is may be involved with someone else, though Saturn is in it's own Term and Face, so they're also likely more focused on their own affairs, and in Mercury's Detriment.

- Saturn gets accidental dignity for being in the 5th house, direct and direct. So whoever it is that I could potentially get into a relationship with, they're feeling quite good about themselves and confident and it will likely be dependent on them to make things develop.

The Sun and Saturn will Sextile before Sun leaves Aquarius, and it doesn't look like Saturn will make an aspect to any other planet before that happens so now it leaves me wondering what Jupiter is about.

The next significator for me is the Moon.

- The Moon is in Scorpio which is it's fall sign so it has accidental debility (also pointing to my lack of confidence over a relationship forming). It does get accidental dignity for being in the 4th house, however. It's in Mars' sign, Triplicity, and Face but Venus' (My other significator's) detriment. I don't currently actively have my eyes set on someone, so I'd simply see Mars representing a potential partner.

- Venus is in Pisces in the 8th house. With it in Pisces, that places it in Jupiter's house, Venus' exaltation and Mars Triplicity. I feel like this is likely representing emotional changes I've gone through, where I'm taking the time to understand what I can offer as a partner, even if mentally (the sun) and emotionally (The Moon) I don't feel that way. Me (Woman) am still making a conscious effort to improve things. It does still have accidental debility for being placed in the 8th house, but is still direct so overall, I'm still physically in good standing in terms of love. Just need to work on the mental and emotional aspects before a relationship can likely happen.

So there's two other planets that seem to be coming into play quite heavily here - Jupiter and Mars, so I've taken the time to break them down.

- Jupiter is in Libra - placing it in Venus' sign (giving mutual reception between Venus and Jupiter), Saturn's Exaltation, and Mercury's Triplicity since the chart was casted at night. It is in Mars' fall, however, and Sun's detriment, but Saturn's Term and it's own Face. This almost makes me think that Jupiter represent A Relationship - the actual thing rather than a person. But either way, it's conjunct Spica, which also provides it accidental dignity. It's also in the 3rd house which gives it a tiny bit more accidental dignity. So this Relationship has quite a bit of luck on it's side, but my mind (Sun) doesn't see the opportunity and Mars (which I think is likely another indicator for my potential partner) might have an easier time seeing it but is still lacking confidence in it becoming reality.

- Mars is in Pisces - placing it in Jupiter's sign, Venus' Exaltation, and it's own Triplicity, Term and Face. So whoever this person still has a sense of self-confidence as a potential partner in terms of Themselves (physically) even if they may also doubt this potentially promising relationship (Jupiter conj. Spica). It does have accidental debility being placed in the 8th house, but because it's in it's own triplicity/term/face and direct, overall it's still in a good spot as well.

- None of the planets connected to a potential partner are combust or cazimi, so if/when they do come around, I'll be able to recognize them.

I looked at the aspects that the moon will make before it leaves Scorpio, and it will make a trine Venus first then make an exact Trine to Mars before moving into Sagittarius, showing that a relationship will likely happen a bit sooner than I might think but I think it will ultimately be dependent on my becoming more emotionally available (Moon) so that it matches my sense of physical self confidence (Venus) so that I'll be open when this potential partner comes around.

I also checked at the aspects for Jupiter and Saturn will make an exact sextile with Jupiter before Moon leaves Scorpio as well. Saturn will also be 4' away from perfecting it's square to Venus, and will be leaving a square to Mars, so this relationship will likely start off very "rugged", needing a lot of effort on both of our parts to make it work.

Now, I still don't quite understand how timing works with Horary. I think it was a bit easier for my previous question since the Moon was literally 1' away from completing it's aspect to the quesited's planet that it completed today. If I remember correctly, the potential business partner was also represented by Saturn, and the Moon was set to perfect it's sextile to it before it left Libra (Today), so while the Moon was not in an angular house, it still took less time than the timing charts would lead me to believe. I went entirely on a hunch for that one since A Day seemed realistic since I had sent my contact at the start of the week and figure it usually takes a few days for business emails to be answered.

So I guess with this one, the timing of it is Odd. It's in an angular house and in a mutable sign, BUT, the mutable sign is intercepted and within a cardinal ruled house so I'm not entirely sure what to make of the understanding of timing with this, primarily due to it's interception.

I will say, however, that I found it interesting that this chart has Virgo (and Pisces) ruling two signs, as I am a Virgo. Whether that's relevant, however, I have no idea but it was one of the first things that caught my eye.

Sharla

The charts so complicated to read because you've not asked the question in the right way.

Just like Tarot the question is very important in regards to how you phrase it.....get the question right and the chart can be very easy to interpret.

Because your question wasn't clear your charts not going to be clear either.

You've asked "what you need to know about the next relationship your going to be in".....this chart could be showing you anything about your next r'ship. That's why this charts so confusing to you, and I'm not even gonna bother taking a look it's pointless.

So try your question again and maybe this time re-word it more like "will I find love in next 6 month" or this year....whichever but at least give a time frame too.

Plus if uve only just started dipping your toe in would you say all the asteroids are necessary ....these just make the chart look even more crazy to read......keep it simple.

If u wanna use asteroids just use the one you need....you don't need all of them.

obeygravity

The charts so complicated to read because you've not asked the question in the right way.

Just like Tarot the question is very important in regards to how you phrase it.....get the question right and the chart can be very easy to interpret.

Because your question wasn't clear your charts not going to be clear either.

You've asked "what you need to know about the next relationship your going to be in".....this chart could be showing you anything about your next r'ship. That's why this charts so confusing to you, and I'm not even gonna bother taking a look it's pointless.

So try your question again and maybe this time re-word it more like "will I find love in next 6 month" or this year....whichever but at least give a time frame too.

Plus if uve only just started dipping your toe in would you say all the asteroids are necessary ....these just make the chart look even more crazy to read......keep it simple.

If u wanna use asteroids just use the one you need....you don't need all of them.

Sorry, I guess I should have specified as things were understood for myself and should have worded the question for people who are not me.

The question specifically posed in it's true context and with absolute clarity was the timeline of my next relationship and it's development. When I say "What do I need to know" about something, it's with the understanding that it's about the time line of it's occurrence. Since i'm the querent and understood what was being asked, I worded it as I understood things. Sorry if that confused you.

While I understand the need to keep the horary charts simple, I have them set this way since it's my default setting for natal chart readings. I don't take the asteroids into consideration when doing horary and ignore them but as I've already accidentally deleted my default settings twice now, I keep it as is when casting to make sure that they're saved and untouched. Again, apologies if their presence makes it difficult for you to follow.

But thanks for that feedback.

CosmicBeing

I'll come back.. I wrote it out wrong...should never read a chart sleepy.

Sharla

You being sun is accidentally debilitated in the 6th by house, and you are debilitated also being in detriment, so you're not in good position in regards to meeting someone new, maybe your confidence is low at this point causing you to hide yourself away a little.....or you just are losing hope.

Your 5th house of (romance) has saturn in it and also saturn rules your 7th, saturn has weak dignity being in its face only, so this could bring you delays and obstacles in regards to your area of romance and actually having a relationship.

With saturn also being in a double bodied sign, will make things slower still.

AC (you) and DC (r'ship) are also both on fixed signs, so this could also confirm this lack in movement too.

The moon is also in a fixed sign and afflicted being in its fall, and being at 0 degrees this probably shows you feeling quite desperate now.....the moon has ability to act being in 4th but doesn't seem like its strong enough to produce.....so this would be yourself.

Moon also being in an intercepted sign and it being in a fixed sign, would show how things for you are stuck in this area.

As you (sun) at 0 degrees your moving from an even worst position from before, moving from face to detriment....this could show how your feeling a little desperate about things now as to when your going to meet someone new.

obeygravity

You being sun is accidentally debilitated in the 6th by house, and you are debilitated also being in detriment, so you're not in good position in regards to meeting someone new, maybe your confidence is low at this point causing you to hide yourself away a little.....or you just are losing hope.

Your 5th house of (romance) has saturn in it and also saturn rules your 7th, saturn has weak dignity being in its face only, so this could bring you delays and obstacles in regards to your area of romance and actually having a relationship.

With saturn also being in a double bodied sign, will make things slower still.

AC (you) and DC (r'ship) are also both on fixed signs, so this could also confirm this lack in movement too.

The moon is also in a fixed sign and afflicted being in its fall, and being at 0 degrees this probably shows you feeling quite desperate now.....the moon has ability to act being in 4th but doesn't seem like its strong enough to produce.....so this would be yourself.

Moon also being in an intercepted sign and it being in a fixed sign, would show how things for you are stuck in this area.

As you (sun) at 0 degrees your moving from an even worst position from before, moving from face to detriment....this could show how your feeling a little desperate about things now as to when your going to meet someone new.

Thank you! Yes, that mirrors a lot of what I dissected from my first pass looking at the chart.

CosmicBeing

I'm a novice so take it with a grain of salt.

In addition....trying this method out.

Leo = you
Aquarius= potential partner.

Leo original ruler of 5th
Aquarius original ruler of 11th

I think you two may meet in a place of gathering...
5th house is a social house and 11th house is bring people together/networking

Saturn sits in 5th
Sun sits in 6th

6th deals with some negative stuff (illness) but also deals with our day to day, pets, Employees (those we hire), The health industry, uncles/aunts/relative on father side.

5th deals with dating, romance, sex, entertainment, gambling, speculative business, children.

Saturn is under Jupiter sign Sagittarius which will highlight maybe how he looks or personality.

Sun is under Saturn sign Aquarius which may describe you or how you look.

Saturn and sun makes no aspect to each other...so can't tell how actions will look between you.

You are under a sign that he rules...so could always be that he catches your eyes, but you don't have that love at first sight moment yet.

If we went to see where jupiter sits..the planet that represents that energy of the sign he sits under right now. He may be a very communicative person (3rd house), he may be a neighbor (3rd house), he may be involved in something to do with writing/communication (3rd), or he has to do short travels (3rd).

With him sitting under a Sagittarius...Sag is tied to a traveler. Physical traits are:
-large forehead
-thick hair that may be wild/long
-Twinkle in the eyes
-Tall slim or short muscular
-If older man, he may be on a heavy side, but he carries it well.
(He may be older because he is ruled by Saturn)
-Very energetic...active, adventurous.
-button nose
-hair may recede at a certain age.

With 5th energy present as well...You could see him as an entertaining person.

If you are looking for a female companion everything else applies except how the person may look:
Females:
- genial mouth/smiles a lot
-large/wide hips
-long legs/nice legs
-button nose
-very energetic...active, adventurous
-may have light hair.

Anyway....hope this slightly alternative look at the chart helped. Let us know what happens!!

Minderwiz

Sharla's right. The question is vital. You need to know exactly what you're asking. You also should think about what kind of relationship you are interested in. Are you promarily interested in a marriage or simply something that starts out as boyfriend and girlfriend. The former is seventh house, the latter is fifth house. Asking will I get married in the next six months is likely to lead to a no answer, simply because the timescale is too short. few people get married within six months of their first date ( though I was only 10 days over that period). Asking whether you will meet someone for a romantic relationship is more likely to produce a yes answer. But remember, you have to be prepared to do your share. You can't sit back and wait for it to happen.

Consider your question. Post the chart and we'll talk it through.

obeygravity

I'm a novice so take it with a grain of salt.

In addition....trying this method out.

Leo = you
Aquarius= potential partner.

Leo original ruler of 5th
Aquarius original ruler of 11th

I think you two may meet in a place of gathering...
5th house is a social house and 11th house is bring people together/networking

Saturn sits in 5th
Sun sits in 6th

6th deals with some negative stuff (illness) but also deals with our day to day, pets, Employees (those we hire), The health industry, uncles/aunts/relative on father side.

5th deals with dating, romance, sex, entertainment, gambling, speculative business, children.

Saturn is under Jupiter sign Sagittarius which will highlight maybe how he looks or personality.

Sun is under Saturn sign Aquarius which may describe you or how you look.

Saturn and sun makes no aspect to each other...so can't tell how actions will look between you.

You are under a sign that he rules...so could always be that he catches your eyes, but you don't have that love at first sight moment yet.

If we went to see where jupiter sits..the planet that represents that energy of the sign he sits under right now. He may be a very communicative person (3rd house), he may be a neighbor (3rd house), he may be involved in something to do with writing/communication (3rd), or he has to do short travels (3rd).

With him sitting under a Sagittarius...Sag is tied to a traveler. Physical traits are:
-large forehead
-thick hair that may be wild/long
-Twinkle in the eyes
-Tall slim or short muscular
-If older man, he may be on a heavy side, but he carries it well.
(He may be older because he is ruled by Saturn)
-Very energetic...active, adventurous.
-button nose
-hair may recede at a certain age.

With 5th energy present as well...You could see him as an entertaining person.

If you are looking for a female companion everything else applies except how the person may look:
Females:
- genial mouth/smiles a lot
-large/wide hips
-long legs/nice legs
-button nose
-very energetic...active, adventurous
-may have light hair.

Anyway....hope this slightly alternative look at the chart helped. Let us know what happens!!

It's been really interesting looking into signs as they correspond to actual physical appearances. I'm not entirely sure how much I buy it wholly but I have seen some consistent patterns that seem to be true as a whole. The sun being on their sign is also something I hadn't considered in terms of interactions which I guess would also add another potential facet to the sun being so debilitated - That perhaps they catch my eye and I'm essentially completely disarmed by them (Which the thought of that makes me cringe quite a bit because I like to remain the cool and calm one and not be the person overwhelmed with feelings hahahah!). This has definitely helped to add another facet to the chart itself!

Sharla's right. The question is vital. You need to know exactly what you're asking. You also should think about what kind of relationship you are interested in. Are you promarily interested in a marriage or simply something that starts out as boyfriend and girlfriend. The former is seventh house, the latter is fifth house. Asking will I get married in the next six months is likely to lead to a no answer, simply because the timescale is too short. few people get married within six months of their first date ( though I was only 10 days over that period). Asking whether you will meet someone for a romantic relationship is more likely to produce a yes answer. But remember, you have to be prepared to do your share. You can't sit back and wait for it to happen.

Consider your question. Post the chart and we'll talk it through.

I guess I should add a lot more clarity and context then so that everyone can be on the same page that I'm actually on.

When I say Relationship, I'm speaking in terms of long-term commitment in which marriage (whether a wedding happens or not) is possible. So I'm basically speaking in terms of an actual partner - the person who would offset me well enough that a serious foundation can be built and opportunities for a serious path forward is available. I don't tend to pay much attention to the 5H in terms of romance for myself just because I don't really ... date. Or rather, dating is not something of a priority to me and is therefor inconsequential in regards to what's currently trying to be addressed.

My question isn't set for any specific time line specifically for the reason you've addressed above - that opportunities are often very much determined by both people involved. So to me, casting a chart about whether a relationship will happen in 6 months time is also inconsequential and irrelevant as even if I cast a chart asking that question and I receive a Yes, it's still likely up to me whether that will be fulfilled because it will also be dependent on whether or not I am mentally and emotionally capable of being open to said relationship (or marriage) by the time the opportunity arises.

So with this, I've left it open ended, with the question inquiring very specifically about the time line of events that could lead up to my next (if there is one) serious long term commitment (i.e. marriage). Within the confines of clear questioning for added clarity for those who are not me, the equivalent of the question (as understood to me) is essentially "When will I get into a Serious Long Term Commitment next". This is also why when looking at the timing and seeing the aspects that the moon made to the two primary planets that I found to be pertinent, my focus landed heavily on this opportunity also being dependent on my working on insecurities and issues that are reflected in the chart since the moon aspects Venus first before it perfects it's aspect to mars.

I think perhaps the confusion also just comes from what people tend to consider marriage. I come from the school of thought that marriage can also symbolize any serious long term commitment (which I've seen happen before on a number of occasions during my time working with cards) so when I see Marriage or look at 7H, that's ultimately where my mind goes. During my studies so far with astrology as well, it seems like a lot of the literature I've come by also reflects that as well - that marriage isn't necessarily denoting a wedding but a long term commitment.

If this doesn't add clarity then perhaps I'll scrap it and just spend time studying Horary more extensively, as I guess to me being the querent and having full understanding of the question, I don't see any difficulty in the way it's posed being answered by the chart. The first chart I did was worded in a similar fashion "What do I need to know about hearing from X Potential Business partner" and proved to be rather concise, straight forward and direct. So maybe it's just a matter that with romance charts, there's also an added layer to things since there's other planets, aspects and facets to consider since it's less objective (business) and relative (emotional/mental states being in order for things to actually become available).

But thanks though. Maybe I'll just stick to business stuff for horary in the mean time :laugh: