Program

Melvis

You can Create Spreads once you register for the program. If you look under the "Program" menu item, you'll see "Create Spread..." as greyed-out. It becomes an option once you enter the registration code.

Peace,

Melvis
:TSTRE

Alexander

Hi everybody,

thanks a lot for your wonderful comments about my software!

From tomorrow I'll stop giving a free registration, so please, EVERYBODY from Aeclectic, who wants a registration code to my software, write to me TODAY (25.10.2002) to email, and in a reply message you'll receive it. Just please give me some first and last name, instead of nickname, to create a registration.

People, who wrote in this topic BEFORE this message, you may receive a registration ANYTIME, just write to me. I'm grateful for your help.

Well, now I'm writing a second version, where I will add a possibility to save readings (tarotlady, you asked - in current version it is not implemented) and also a possibility to enter into the program a certain reading (which you could made with a real deck - it might be helpful, if you wish to send a reading to somebody over the internet). The version will come in the middle of November and will not request any additional registration, of course. I will write here, when it appears.

Kaz - the question about creating spreads Melvis already answered, just write to me and get a registration. Concerning text files - making a separate texts for different decks may complicate a program a bit... Still I could do it, let us ask people's opinion - does it look useful?

Thank you for advice about making notes to a saved reading - I haven't thought about it!

Melvis - thanks a lot for the idea about Palm! I already started thinking about writing this program in Java, to make it platform-independent. I have to look in the direction of Palm especially! Also I'll look at "Tiny Tarot" (I was planning to leave in the minimal installation of the second version RW deck only).

It seems to be all by now. Looking for your messages!

Best wishes!

truthsayer

i really liked the program but i had one problem with it. the card names seemed so small i had to get close to the computer screen to tell what card i had and even then i couldn't always tell. i've only tried the thoth deck so far. i just might need stronger glasses but i thought i'd suggest it. i like how the cards are dealt and meanings come up. i like the emblem for it on my desktop. i liked feeling like i was giving myself a reading without dealing the cards. as far as i can tell, there's no software conflicts. i can't say this about any other tarot software i've down loaded. i usually have to take the program out to avoid crashing my computer. knock on wood, so far i'm not experiencing any problems. i'll probably download the last 2 decks offered for the program.

Kaz

truth, i have a better set of scans for the thoth deck, the not green ones, they look better in this software.
i have to renumber them to fit the description though, i just numbered them random.
but i can send you these as a zip fike if you like.

kaz

wavebreaker

I love being able to enter my own spreads! I entered all my favourite ones right away... ;)

Just some ideas:
  • Could you make the cards on the screen for editing/adding the spreads smaller, so you can still see the whole spread when you're adding a bigger spread? I find it a bit impractical to have to scroll up and down while moving around cards. Maybe just a zoom button or a toggle between a large and a small view.
  • I can now only select one card at a time while editing a spread. It would be nice to be able to select multiple cards (using the default Windows options of Ctrl+select or dragging around the cards you want to select) so you can move groups of cards around.
  • While I'm editing the spread, I can't see the explanations; I have to select a card and click the Explanation button to see the explanation. I'd like to be able to see all the explanations, so I know for which card I've already added an explanation or so I can see all the explanations for the spread. Maybe shown in the card?

Alexander

Hi,

truthsayer, I also cannot read the names of Thoth cards on images, even with good eyesight.
But for Major and Court Arcanas the name of the image is the same, as written above the image in my form. Concerning Minor Arcana, Thoth deck really has especial and sensible names, that are important. You could notice, that all text commentaries for Minor Arcana start from its name in Thoth deck. It does not finally solve the problem, but it's helpful. I'll think how to improve the quality of card views without enlarging a program too much.

Anyway, as Kaz suggested, you may just replace images with better ones!

Best wishes!

Alexander

Hi tarotlady!

I just didn't make a big stress on how to improve the part of a program concerned spread creation, 'cause I thought it is not day-to-day practice - creating new spreads! Now it is WYSIWYG, I thought it is enough, 'cause a user just once-twice in a month or so will add a new spread! OK, I'll think how to improve this part, but not in a nearest version - there are several more priority tasks in the software!

Just one hint: to see an explanation of edited card, you may right-click on it. I have tried to put an explanation directly on a card, but to my taste it didn't look nice...

Best wishes!

truthsayer

Kaz said:
truth, i have a better set of scans for the thoth deck, the not green ones, they look better in this software.
i have to renumber them to fit the description though, i just numbered them random.
but i can send you these as a zip fike if you like.

kaz

yes, kaz, i would appreciate that. thanks.

Kaz

truth,
please pm me your email addy, as i cannot attach files by mailing through the forum link in your profile.

kaz

Alexander

Hi,

I already added some new features to this software - now it can save and open readings and also input certain readings.

And it became possible to change background color.

If you'd like, please get the upgrade from my site. You will need just to replace 2 files - "Tarot.exe" and "Tarot.hlp".

By the way, I changed the text files also, because in the first version I used the texts that I found somewhere in the net. It seems to be better to provide my own. If you'd like to save current texts, then don't replace them with new ones.

Please, tell me about any mistakes in the software - including grammatical! My English is not really perfect :).

Best wishes!