BOHEMIAN GOTHIC 4 Pentacles ... Let your imagination run wild!!!

Lilija

She scares the everlovin crap out of me.

She looks EXACTLY like an old lady I used to know, the mother of one of my mom's more onerous boyfriends. She had these long lacquer red claws and toenails, both claw-like and filed to points, and painted a bloody red every day by her devoted son. (shiver...)

She'd use these talons to rend and rip at her food. She seldom used a fork, choosing instead to dismember whatever she was eating with the red claws. Watching her eat a chicken thigh was one of the more traumatizing experiences of my young life. Ripping the meat off the bones and pushing the shreds of skin and flesh into her equally red maw. The witch from Hansel and Gretel could learn a few things from that old toad.

The first time I saw this card, I had to flip it under the deck real fast, and get up and walk around the room some. I had the heebie jeebies for a good while.

I'm getting the heebie jeebies right now, typing about it.

GadgetGirl

Oh dear. Just had a worrisome thought. What if she's actually someone's dear little old Granny?

cardlady22

GadgetGirl said:
And handbags!! She loves collecting those too.
But of course! The intended victim's choice of handbag (or shoulder bag, if male) is what ultimately seals their fate.

ETA: We need details about her pearls? How did she come by them? Does she have a macabre jeweler who redesigns them as she adds to her collection?

Floss

I think she murdered the jeweller, pinched all his jewels (which are hidden in the house), burned him and stuffed his ashes INSIDE HER WALKING STICK!!! Mmwwaaaahhhh!!!

shadowdancer

and has a shedload of cats and birds running wild in the house behind her, all as mad as she is :)

shadowdancer

and in her previous job she trod the boards of theatre, and still wears the make up associated with it. At night she winds up her gramaphone and dances and sings to all those songs she remembers, believing she is still there on stage.
Sadly she is a lonely old lady who scares children but just lives in the past - nothing more, nothing less. Holds on to what she holds dear which is in the form of memories and memorabilia... oh and the cats

Floss

Reminds me of Bette Davis in 'Whatever Happened to Baby Jane'.

I still think she's a bit murderous under all that makeup and 'sweet' though ...

AmethystEyes

Oh my, looks like your imaginations have been running. So I guess basically those on this thread feel "she" is he prostitute who loves handbags? :laugh:

She creeps me out......like she is looking out and protecting what's in the house :bugeyed: the lady she took those clothes from body :bugeyed:
I don't like the red nails LOL doesn't match :p it's the red on her hands from her crime ;)

Anyone see Taking Lives?....... :laugh:

GadgetGirl

DevilishAngel said:
Anyone see Taking Lives?....... :laugh:

Oh definitely!! Her husband the "Count". She has him still propped up at the dinner table mummified in all his finery and she sits down to dinner with him each night and has long deep and meaningful conversations with him. The Dinner Table still has the place settings and candles untouched from the day of her husbands passing all covered in Cobwebs and the Gramophone playing in the background.

Le Fanu

Like I said in the other thread, she makes me think of the mad aunt from Hell, wayward, cruel, making unreasonable (obscene?) demands before you get your inheritance.

As an image, it has always reminded me of this image by French photographer Brassai, who photographed the Paris underworld of pimps & prostitutes during the 1930s and he recounted how she used to frequent the same bar every night, dressed in luxurious but filthy clothes from another era, wearing incredible diamonds, moth-eaten furs, spoke to nobody and nobody knew where she came from. She was known as the Lady of the Diamonds until one day she simply vanished...