The Bohemian Gothic Tarot Study Group (The Dark Sister) 1st and 2nd editions

greatdane

Thanks, Aurarcana!

I appreciate that feedback! And DITTO! I was wondering how the deck would read for me (even though I thought it was soo great before I even got it! I didn't have any other BG's before the pewter!) and am enjoying it immensely. It is a different read for me than some other RWS, but then I expected and wanted that! I will indeed try to follow along and for right now am going to go in and start reading all your thoughts! :)))

GD

strings of life

greatdane said:
I appreciate that feedback! And DITTO! I was wondering how the deck would read for me (even though I thought it was soo great before I even got it! I didn't have any other BG's before the pewter!) and am enjoying it immensely. It is a different read for me than some other RWS, but then I expected and wanted that! I will indeed try to follow along and for right now am going to go in and start reading all your thoughts! :)))

GD
:D. Likewise about the readability factor. I went into this study thinking I wouldn't focus on just this deck, but it is the only one I have been using, save for some other decks that I am using in the Reading Exchange circles. For some reason, right now, I just want to take in everything about this deck in order. That may change. I have two pewters, but one has two badly damaged cards (ruined corners - eek! due to packaging), so I am keeping my one study deck in order. I plan on getting a standard 2nd. edition, so when that comes, I can shuffle the pewter and use the standard to study with. I also have the 1st edition kit on the way with the deck and book, which will make for some great reading and deck comparisons :thumbsup:.

I am reading the images--creating stories with the cards. I am using background knowledge of course, but am truly trying to read what I see. There are so many layers - love it.

I am quite smitten right now. Indeed. The Dark Sister has taken me.

OctoberGwen

aurarcana said:
There are so many layers - love it.

I am quite smitten right now. Indeed. The Dark Sister has taken me.

Yes, she is something, isn't she?

I'm enjoying reading all your thoughts. The BoGo is like no other. :heart:

BelovedK

The Dark Sister has really taken me too :love:

I have been a bit behind, but need to catch up with the four of Wands, and the Five, and The World (another favorite, thanks aurarcana)

I hole a small lunch hour class tomorrow, and if no one shows I will use the time to study (sadly, it is not always crowded at that hour)

strings of life

OctoberGwen said:
Yes, she is something, isn't she?

I'm enjoying reading all your thoughts. The BoGo is like no other. :heart:
Oh, she is. I just never saw the deck that way and now that I do, I can see how it may become an emotional one for me.

BelovedK said:
The Dark Sister has really taken me too :love:
:D.

BelovedK said:
I have been a bit behind, but need to catch up with the four of Wands, and the Five, and The World (another favorite, thanks aurarcana)

I hole a small lunch hour class tomorrow, and if no one shows I will use the time to study (sadly, it is not always crowded at that hour)
No rush and take your time :love:.

BelovedK

Well.... no one showed :( It was my Creative Fusion (through Tarot) class, and I did get to really ponder the cards while I waited, will post after I get my kids from school :)

I am keeping this Pewter 2nd Ed deck in order for now, and once I am ready, I will start using it. ITM, I have the 1st Ed. Wow though, if only people had of known we were going to use the BG deck for our inspiration this week, they would've showed up :-/

strings of life

BelovedK said:
Well.... no one showed :( It was my Creative Fusion (through Tarot) class, and I did get to really ponder the cards while I waited, will post after I get my kids from school :)

I am keeping this Pewter 2nd Ed deck in order for now, and once I am ready, I will start using it. ITM, I have the 1st Ed. Wow though, if only people had of known we were going to use the BG deck for our inspiration this week, they would've showed up :-/
If they only knew...

I'll post a few Minors tomorrow. I knew this week was going to be crazy ;).

ETA: I have the last batch of cards (5,6,7,8) all written up and just need to type them!

BelovedK

Just want to say that I am still here, was waylaid for a couple of days due to some distressing personal things :( I am going to turn to the Dark Sister today though, and catch up :)

strings of life

BelovedK said:
Just want to say that I am still here, was waylaid for a couple of days due to some distressing personal things :( I am going to turn to the Dark Sister today though, and catch up :)
:). See, this is why dates aren't important :laugh:. My 1st edition and book should be here anyday now too. Plus, I'm still waiting for replacement cards for my back-up pewter. When they come, I can shuffle the other deck!

Work should be less crazy this week, which means I'll be more relaxed at night.

ETA: Life has been crazy. I am still using the deck (at least viewing the cards every day), but the Study Group has sadly become a chore again. We'll see what happens :).

KawKat

Bohemian Gothic Tarot study group

Hi, is this still an active group? it appears that it has been several years since there was any activity?