The Bohemian Gothic Tarot Study Group (The Dark Sister) 1st and 2nd editions

RaeBelle

Mimers thank you for starting the study group! I was thinking one would be great and found it was already started :)

6 Haunted Days

I'll join in of course whenever my BG decides to show up.

Briar Rose

This is the best idea yet! Can you please a little until everyone gets their deck?

Dancing Bear

Most definately I will be in this, and walk into the darkness !!
I dont have Victorian Romantic to compare with Mimers , (is that OK!)

If its alright I will jump in when my deck gets to me.. I am still waiting!
maybe over the next couple of weeks i may get mine.. Postie has to find Australia first :D

firefrost

HeavensVault said:
This is the best idea yet! Can you please a little until everyone gets their deck?

I'm so sorry - I've done a post about The Fool before I read this.

Hils :(

Mimers

firefrost said:
I'm so sorry - I've done a post about The Fool before I read this.

Hils :(

Don't worry! There is no deadline here so they will get as long as they need to post. There are also online images they can look at as well. I am not going to get to posting until this weekend because I have been working a lot of hours but I was going to post this morning telling anyone else to feel free to start.

This is exciting!

baba-prague

I'd love to join in, but as you've gathered, I will be a bit quiet. The last few days I've been sitting back just watching the deck at work and loving every moment of seeing how it's being used and interpreted. So to begin with I'll just be quite quiet on this study group - though of course I am here as a resource if you need any factual questions answered (where the image came from etc - though in this deck that's often not particularly interesting or relevant).

I love the idea of the stories that can be built around these cards. I think that may be where they're at their most powerful.

baba-prague

Oh, by the way, I meant to add that I think that mixing this deck with the VR could be quite an experience. The cards are actually exactly the same size (I know someone remarked that the BG are smaller, but I think that must be some optical illusion because of the lack of borders) so they do have the potential to mix well.

I am going to try overlaying two spreads - one BG and one VR - to see what happens. In theory the BG should act as the shadow to the VR, but then again, the VR has some quite dark cards, and the BG contains a lot of slightly wicked humour, so let's see...

Sulis

Hi Karen,

This is the sign up thread, you didn't post in the wrong place.
The link I gave earlier on in this thread is to the Bohemian Gothic Tarot Study Group index thread - an index of threads in this group: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=1299674#post1299674

And the latest link I gave was to the Tarot Study Group guidelines to help those who haven't posted in Tarot Study Groups before; this forum can be a bit confusing for those new to study groups: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=32949