New relationship spread

WolfSwan

I found a 7 card spread about new relationships but have difficulty reading the last 3 cards. I'm using the Gilded Tarot, no reversals.

5: Will you be happy in this relationship? 8 of Wands

8 of Wands strikes me a happy card. Things are moving, it's a card that makes me think about getting caught up in the charge, putting plans into action and having meaningful conversations. I think it also indicates abundance (8) and the pastoral scene is one that makes me think of joy, relaxation, easy happiness.

6: Will this relationship last? (or long-term potential) Queen of Swords

I have no idea about this. This can indicate someone who has scene and done it all, someone who has realistic expectations, getting to the heart of the matter and being candid. Being able to seize up a situation quickly. Facing the truth, playing by the rules. How does this relate to relationships, length of relationships?

7: Advice you need to know about him/her. Moon

Releasing inner demons comes with this card, so maybe is releasing things from his past. Perhaps he is deceiving himself, or suffering from a phobia, or lacks courage, or is overcome by anxiety. Maybe he is having trouble seeing clearly, and chasing after fantasies.

The other cards were positive. Ideas?

Ruby Jewel

I found a 7 card spread about new relationships but have difficulty reading the last 3 cards. I'm using the Gilded Tarot, no reversals.

5: Will you be happy in this relationship? 8 of Wands

8 of Wands strikes me a happy card. Things are moving, it's a card that makes me think about getting caught up in the charge, putting plans into action and having meaningful conversations. I think it also indicates abundance (8) and the pastoral scene is one that makes me think of joy, relaxation, easy happiness.

6: Will this relationship last? (or long-term potential) Queen of Swords

I have no idea about this. This can indicate someone who has scene and done it all, someone who has realistic expectations, getting to the heart of the matter and being candid. Being able to seize up a situation quickly. Facing the truth, playing by the rules. How does this relate to relationships, length of relationships?

7: Advice you need to know about him/her. Moon

Releasing inner demons comes with this card, so maybe is releasing things from his past. Perhaps he is deceiving himself, or suffering from a phobia, or lacks courage, or is overcome by anxiety. Maybe he is having trouble seeing clearly, and chasing after fantasies.

The other cards were positive. Ideas?

8 of wands are the arrows of love....moving fast.
Queen of Swords will cut through the barnacles to find the truth, so not to worry.
Moon card says they are carrying some baggage. Watch out for the alcohol.

I don't think the cards can tell you the length of time this relationship will last. The realm of this spiritual energy does not have linear time. All these cards are telling you is the energy surrounding the situation. You get to mold it into your life as you live it.

WolfSwan

8 of wands are the arrows of love....moving fast.
Queen of Swords will cut through the barnacles to find the truth, so not to worry.
Moon card says they are carrying some baggage. Watch out for the alcohol.

I don't think the cards can tell you the length of time this relationship will last. The realm of this spiritual energy does not have linear time. All these cards are telling you is the energy surrounding the situation. You get to mold it into your life as you live it.

I will keep an eye on the alcohol issue. We're actually planning to go hiking up Arthur's Seat when we meet up so I have a feeling that if there are issues it's more emotional than physical. He seems to be too into his physical body to be alcohol abusive. I can be a Queen of Swords personality, however I didn't want to interpret it that way given the spread question.

As for the timeline, I definitely think that the cards can't give us time but that was the question in the spread I found. I also don't think yes / no questions should be in spreads, but that's what this particular spread had in a few places. I think it hinders my interpretation of the cards. I do hope that things work out for our highest good only.

nisaba

<grin> We're really only supposed to help if you've had a red-hot go at interpreting the fall of cards yourself, as this is a learning-space.

Some of the thoughts already offered seem pretty sound. Why not give it some time, then try this spread? Three cards for how you are in the relationship, three cards for the other person, a card for what connects you, a card for likely outcomes.

I usually keep those two face-down these days, until I've looked at the cards for each participant. Not having strict dictates on exact positional meanings allows you to muse on the relationship a bit more freely.