Could 4 of pentacles indicate secret relationship?

drprakertik

The only point I am making is that I feel it is important to stay true to the original question...keeping it plain and simple and to the point..that is...if you want an answer to the question.

I get it. But the original question itself is if 4 of pentacles as a type of relationship could mean a secret relationship or to simplify it does 4 of pentacles have secretiveness as one of its meanings given the fact that high priestess clarified it.

Or if you could come up with another meaning of 4 of pentacles that could be reinforced with high priestess.

Rachx

Cant it be more like they want to keep the pentacles to themselves and go to any limits to make sure of that.

I dont see selfish nature in 4 of pentacles dominating nature may be

That's what I am trying to say. They want to keep control of their pentacles and not raise their head above water to bring attention to the fact they have pentacles! If you wanted a relationship that you wanted to keep secret then this card could say that. If the guy in the card stays hidden no one can get to his pentacles. But a situation like that can be controlling and limiting in my view. Selfish maybe sometimes too. (Not always of course) The guy is hanging onto his pentacles for dear life! He isn't going to share them easily, in my view of course. I can't see how he is dominating either as he will try and avert attention away from the pentacles. Maybe this points to your definition of a secret relationship, you are trying to divert attention away from it.

drprakertik

That's what I am trying to say. They want to keep control of their pentacles and not raise their head above water to bring attention to the fact they have pentacles! If you wanted a relationship that you wanted to keep secret then this card could say that. If the guy in the card stays hidden no one can get to his pentacles. But a situation like that can be controlling and limiting in my view. Selfish maybe sometimes too. (Not always of course) The guy is hanging onto his pentacles for dear life! He isn't going to share them easily, in my view of course. I can't see how he is dominating either as he will try and avert attention away from the pentacles. Maybe this points to your definition of a secret relationship, you are trying to divert attention away from it.

Now we are on the same page.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts

Rachx

Maybe! I still think the 4 can be selfish - well more covetous really. All that wealth needs some looking after, it's a responsibility in a way and can lead us into guarding it so much that we don't enjoy it hence it becomes limiting and can lead us into tightly controlling it.

drprakertik

Maybe! I still think the 4 can be selfish - well more covetous really. All that wealth needs some looking after, it's a responsibility in a way and can lead us into guarding it so much that we don't enjoy it hence it becomes limiting and can lead us into tightly controlling it.

I am not sure about covetous. It does looks like the pentacle is his own or atleast he thinks like that.
If the pentacle is compared to a project that you have been working on, you would make sure that only you get the credit. This is kind of the persons right and not a selfish thing, this is how I see the card. Definitely it will inhibit the enjoyment of the success of the project, as celebrating alone is no fun and all that work to making sure for the credit would be pain in the a**

Ruby Jewel

I get it. But the original question itself is if 4 of pentacles as a type of relationship could mean a secret affair or to simplify it does 4 of pentacles have secretiveness as one of its meanings given the fact that high priestess clarified it.

Or if you could come up with another meaning of 4 of pentacles that could be reinforced with high priestess.
I think it is important to consider that he is the suit of Pentacles, which is about being practical, dependable, etc. Similar to the 4 of Swords and the 4 of Cups, he is "cutting himself off"..... Fours do not imply a "threesome." If you do not consider a "threesome" as cheating....that is to say, nobody is bothered by it, I would have to ask the question, "if there's nothing wrong going on, why can't you talk about it." The High Priestess might be asking such a question. In other words, she is saying, "if you ask the question properly, you will get a proper answer." On the other hand, being a 4 and not a 3, I would not call it an affair with a 3rd person. In fact, the 4 in numerology is actually a 1 (add up the numbers 1+2+3+4=10=1). So I would say the card is about isolation..and the various facets to be explored in that perspective

drprakertik

I think it is important to consider that he is the suit of Pentacles, which is about being practical, dependable, etc. Similar to the 4 of Swords and the 4 of Cups, he is "cutting himself off".....

i completely agree to this.

Fours do not imply a "threesome." If you do not consider a "threesome" as cheating....that is to say, nobody is bothered by it, I would have to ask the question, "if there's nothing wrong going on, why can't you talk about it."

we are not talking about involvement of a third person. I agree that if theres nothing wrong why cant you talk about it, but talking about it increases the commitment factor. And the other cards in the reading indicate confusion or indecisiveness. May be the person doesnot want to rush in or he thinks that it is going to fast and he wants to slow it down or stop it.

The High Priestess might be asking such a question. In other words, she is saying, "if you ask the question properly, you will get a proper answer."

I dont read clarifications like that. For me clarification card always explain the card I am drawing clarification for. Or simply if a meaning is common between the 2 cards I take it as I am reading right.

Ruby Jewel

I do not understand what you mean by an affair. Sorry, but I don't see us as being on the same page, or ever getting there...best to let it be.

drprakertik

I do not understand what you mean by an affair. Sorry, but I don't see us as being on the same page, or ever getting there...best to let it be.

Now I understand the confusion. I meant relationship and kept on writing affair. This what happens when you multi task. I am really sorry. I have edited it.

Ruby Jewel

Now I understand the confusion. I meant relationship and kept on writing affair. This what happens when you multi task. I am really sorry. I have edited it.
It's okay...not to worry. I'm sure I answered what I thought the card meant somewhere back there....ultimately, the card means what you intuit it to mean...the spirits are speaking to you and not anyone else.