Moon reversed

Jega

For me the Moon is nearly always positive, wild beasts and all! For me the Moon is usually about the Great Goddess and Her Divine guidance. The way readers see the Moon is a very personal matter, as you will see. There are so many ways to interpret each of the Majors (all cards of the deck, in fact) and for intuitive readers a lot depends on the particular deck that is being used.
I would probably interpret the Moon (reversed and in your situation) the way you have done Jega. That it might be better to remain careful who you put your trust in. Watch and see what happens. Don't rush. Wait in the water before you climb onto that beach between the wolf and the dog (in the RWS image) in case they will start a fight so you won't get caught in between. Let the answers unfold by themselves. Who can be supportive to you at this time? Maybe no-one right now?

Thank you Hemera, that's a very good point about the wolf and the the dog. Now I feel that it's important for me to pay a little more attention to the images.

Jega

This is why the card is about intuition, creativity, the unconscious, illusion, deception, lunacy. Because our minds drift and we dream; we can be led to poetry, but also easily tricked. Our emotions are heightened at night and we're more likely to do what they tell us to do

But you got the Moon rx for supportive people. I take this to mean that those who can best support you are those who will stay awake by your bed as you sleep. Note, you didn't get the Sun, which would indicate those who might shine a bright flood light on whatever you're worried about. But you did get Moon rx...meaning, those who can block the worst of whatever you're feeling or going through. Who can, well, get you through the night. :D

I understand it's also about sixths sense or lack of it...

I actually had to read this few times to wrap my head around it properly.
Thank you very much Thirteen. It's a very positive meaning, I love it.
It leaves me with the circle of 0 people in this particular situation but lightening up a different way of approaching my readings. It's very constructive.

Thirteen

Is it a 6th sense vision...or an illusion...?

I understand it's also about sixths sense or lack of it...
The Moon (upright) can mean a sixth sense (and rx can mean something blocking that 6th sense). But here's the thing: when you get the Moon card you can't tell if you're having a dream or a vision. Why not? Think about watching a scary movie. You feel terrified. You're not REALLY in any danger, right? But you FEEL as if you're in real danger. Luckily, you are awake, so your intellect is "on-line." It tells you the movie isn't real even if it feels that way.

But what if you didn't have your intellect? When you're under the influence of the Moon (the Moon Card), your intellect goes "off-line." You're all feelings. Feelings can't tell the difference between a dream, an illusion, or a vision. It could be a dream—the Moon card is about dreams. It could be an illusion. The Moon card is about illusions. Or it could be a real vision (6th sense).

The High Priestess, who is connect to the Moon, can help you, however. She's about "intuition." That means knowing which feelings to trust. Tarot cards, the secret knowledge given to us by the HPS, help us to sharpen our intuition, and to start knowing which visions we get from the Moon are real (6th sense visions) and which are crazy dream thanks to a bad slice of pizza :joke:

Jega

But what if you didn't have your intellect? When you're under the influence of the Moon (the Moon Card), your intellect goes "off-line." You're all feelings. Feelings can't tell the difference between a dream, an illusion, or a vision. It could be a dream—the Moon card is about dreams. It could be an illusion. The Moon card is about illusions. Or it could be a real vision (6th sense).

The High Priestess, who is connect to the Moon, can help you, however. She's about "intuition." That means knowing which feelings to trust. Tarot cards, the secret knowledge given to us by the HPS, help us to sharpen our intuition, and to start knowing which visions we get from the Moon are real (6th sense visions) and which are crazy dream thanks to a bad slice of pizza :joke:

Feelings do confuse quite a bit and doing readings for myself is a perfect way for me to get all my emotions from all over the place heading towards resolving the issue in the best way possible. It's amazing what out subconscious has access to..

So the Moon reversed might mean that I need to get my intuition in check before any decision to be made. To be friends with High Priestess for a while, meditate, ask myself questions she's asking...
Or in that case High Priestess would come up in reversed position?

Thirteen

Turning down high volume emotions

The "Moon" is emotions amped up. Highest, loudest, most crazy level possible. rx mean "blocking" that. So, the Moon rx says to me that your "friend" in this situation is anyone or anything that can help you "turn down the emotional volume." Think of a little kid who screams at the top of their lungs every time she sees a scary shadow. Maybe that scary shadow is a dangerous person. Or maybe it's a friend. Or maybe it's a tree. The kid feels the same terror, and reacts the same way to each and every shadow. "HELP! DANGER!" And that's not good for the kid, and it's certainly not good for anyone else.

The Moon rx is the parent who says, "I know shadows scare you. But you don't have to scream every time you see one. I'm right here. Next time, back away from the shadow and come get me. I'll check it out for you." The Moon rx is someone or something that quiets down those reactions. YOUR reactions. Putting it another way, you're going to make yourself sick and crazy with all these high volume feelings. You can't be scared ALL the time. Or screaming each time you're scared. Once you get the fear down to a manageable level. And you don't jump or scream every time you feel it, THEN you can start to figure out if what you fear is real.
Or in that case High Priestess would come up in reversed position?
Upright. Rx "blocks" the card energy. So HPS rx would block intuition.

And yes, I think if you take the HPS out of the deck, place her upright before you, and meditating on her, it would help you in this situation and to hone your intuition so you know if what you feel about something is worth feeling (i.e. is this a danger and you should be scared, or is it just a tree?).

Prilica

Hi. I'm kind of new and still shy with readings. I did Star of David reading for myself regarding personal relationship problem. I feel like someone avoiding me lately. In Relationship position as in people who can be supportive to you at this time, Reversed Moon came up.
To me Upright Moon would mean in this position as I can see through all the veils, like Moon can illuminate for me to see the real deal of people.
So the reversed Moon it's like I have to be careful whom I go for an advice to or be careful who you put your trust in.
I don't know if that's makes any sense..

I would think of people that aren't what they seem to be, that give you a very different impression when you first met them (maybe they seem not reliable) but in the end they turn to be helpful, honest people even if they appearance tells you otherwise, or the opposite also. So wait until you know them under the surface, surely you will find a different aspect of them. The message would be, look under the appearance, the surface, and see if they are reliable to trust. Don't jump into conclusions.

DJP

Jega,

I'm not sure if this is in anyway useful in your context, but could the Moon reversed, with its watery depths having ascended to the top of the card, not stand for something that has been hidden coming into the open?

This could be feelings, information, events..... anything, really.

Maybe someone will reveal their potential for being a better friend than you've previously thought possible? Perhaps the opposite?

Jega

The Moon rx is the parent who says, "I know shadows scare you. But you don't have to scream every time you see one. I'm right here. Next time, back away from the shadow and come get me. I'll check it out for you." The Moon rx is someone or something that quiets down those reactions. YOUR reactions. Putting it another way, you're going to make yourself sick and crazy with all these high volume feelings. You can't be scared ALL the time. Or screaming each time you're scared. Once you get the fear down to a manageable level. And you don't jump or scream every time you feel it, THEN you can start to figure out if what you fear is real.

It's all makes a lot of sense to me now. I'm working with my overreactions in this area of my life for some time..

And yes, I think if you take the HPS out of the deck, place her upright before you, and meditating on her, it would help you in this situation and to hone your intuition so you know if what you feel about something is worth feeling (i.e. is this a danger and you should be scared, or is it just a tree?).

Thank you so much for an advice Thirteen. I feel like a I've been shown a hidden gate and it can make a difference for me in many ways.

Jega

I would think of people that aren't what they seem to be, that give you a very different impression when you first met them (maybe they seem not reliable) but in the end they turn to be helpful, honest people even if they appearance tells you otherwise, or the opposite also. So wait until you know them under the surface, surely you will find a different aspect of them. The message would be, look under the appearance, the surface, and see if they are reliable to trust. Don't jump into conclusions.

Thank you Prilica. Could be.. though the reading was about someone who I know for some time and we've past appearances by this point. Saying that, people don't stop to surprise us every now and then..

Jega

Jega,

I'm not sure if this is in anyway useful in your context, but could the Moon reversed, with its watery depths having ascended to the top of the card, not stand for something that has been hidden coming into the open?

This could be feelings, information, events..... anything, really.

Maybe someone will reveal their potential for being a better friend than you've previously thought possible? Perhaps the opposite?

Good point DJP.
In this case I understand it can go both ways and it leaves me with this uncertainty. One way of be sure is to put a clarifyer but in my little experience sometime it confuses me even more.
I do think that each Tarot card carries some insight that we should learn at this particular moment, even is this is not the answer but a message pointing in the direction to get the answer.