Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Live Tarot Readings Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Sweet Twilight - Strength

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Tarot Study Groups > Individual Deck Studies > Tarot of the Sweet Twilight

Citizen

thorhammer 
Citizen

Sweet Twilight - Strength

Anyone else noted the little origami Yoda figure on the Strength card? What a great way to illustrate the traditional Tarot concept of Strength

Peaceful, the way of the Tao, but fearless in conflict. I love it.

\m/ Kat
Top   #1
Citizen

victoria.star 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorhammer
Anyone else noted the little origami Yoda figure on the Strength card? What a great way to illustrate the traditional Tarot concept of Strength

Peaceful, the way of the Tao, but fearless in conflict. I love it.

\m/ Kat
Teach you I will.
Top   #2
Citizen

thorhammer 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by victoria.star
Teach you I will.
Defeat me, you will not.

ROFL

\m/ Kat
Top   #3
Citizen

GeorgiePorgie 
Citizen

“Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you; here, between you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere, yes. Even between the land and the ship.”
Yoda
Top   #4
Citizen

GeorgiePorgie 
Citizen

“Remember, a Jedi's strength flows from the Force. But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny."

Yoda
Top   #5
Citizen

Hemera 
Citizen

Oh this is brilliant, thank you! I have been wondering about this Yoda figure here. (I´ve never been much into Star Wars so I just know the bare basics..ashamed to admit..)

I love the Venetian mask in this card! I love all those beautiful masks in this deck! The woman removes her mask when she meets her guardian animal so that she can meet her as she truly is, face to face.

The little female figure in the background makes me think of the ancient European stone Goddess figurines from the Neolithic and Bronze eras. Thousands of them have been discovered in ancient village sites all over Europe. I recently saw some in a museum and they looked just like this one. This also reminds me of an oven where bread or wheat cakes were baked. It´s like a gate to some parallell Goddess world.
Attached Images

Top   #6
Seeker, Patterner, Questioner, Dreamer

Aerin 
Seeker, Patterner, Questioner, Dreamer

I think this card speaks of a need to take the mask off and look yourself in the eye, recognising just how strong you actually are inside.
Top   #7
Citizen

DaisyDragonfly 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerin
I think this card speaks of a need to take the mask off and look yourself in the eye, recognising just how strong you actually are inside.
Bingo!

This card is the one that made me *need* this deck. Most gorgeous Strength card. Not because of the art (though it is awesome) but because of the strength (ahem) of the image. The mask fascinates me.
Top   #8
Citizen

RiccardoLS 
Citizen

One of my preferred Strength, as well.

I think that - more than other cards - Strength is definitely evolving in Tarot.
It's just that our concept of what Strength is, is moving toward a concept of "harmony" from a concept of "power".
The Lady does not tame the Lion, but she shows herself. I can see no fear, no pain, no fight, no conflict, no demands, nothing but "being yourself".
And the Yoda totally dominates the scene.
[by the way: in Italian Force and Strength use the same word --> Forza]
Top   #9
Citizen

thorhammer 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiccardoLS
[by the way: in Italian Force and Strength use the same word --> Forza]
Hi, Ric If this is the case, then how do you distinguish between the two nuances meant by the words "force" and "strength" in English? Is there another word?

Did you see the recent thread about the Visconti (?) Strength card?

\m/ Kat
Top   #10

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.