Intensive Deck Study Support Thread ~ Part 2

Keavy McGee

Cat* said:
Here you are, a list of all people who announced they'd do an IDS starting around June 21 (or continuing their IDS from before), in alphabetical order, together with the decks we picked (I left out the oracles, by the way):

afrosaxon - Daughters of the Moon
Alamaris - Thoth
Allure - Songs for the Journey Home
Bloudwedd - LS Pagan Tarot
Cat* - Housewives Tarot
Disa - Buckland Romani + Bohemian Gothic
Emily - Liber T (continuing)
Eugenia Madora - DruidCraft
Faolainn Storm - Tarot of Dreams (continuing)
jema - Tarot of the Spirit
Keavy McGee - Vanessa
Neely75 - Alchemical: Renewed
Onyx - still undecided
PolarBear - Llewellyn Tarot (continuing)
Prism - Golden Tarot
Promise - Minute
rwcarter - Ancient Egyptian Tarot (continuing)
Scion - Liber T + Thoth (continuing)
shamoness - Robin Wood
Skimo - Archeon
sravana - Maat
Starlily - Fairytale
thorhammer - Wheel of Change (continuing)
vhrsn - Voyager Tarot
Weed Woman - Morgan Greer

If anything is wrong, please let me know. I'll try to keep this list up-to-date, but if I miss anything, please feel free to let me know (or post a corrected list yourself).
Good Morning and bon chance, everyone!! Happy Solstice to all, and Happy Kickoff Day, for those that are starting IDSing today!! Happy Continuation Day to all who are...continuing. :D

Wishing you all great connections and deep insights this summer. And FUN!! :party:

Cat*, thank you so much for doing this list, and updating it already!

Skimo, good choice on the Archeon, enjoy each other!

Eugenia, thank you for the reminder, I too have to amend my Pledge as I'll also be hosting the Noblet, a commitment I made ages ago and am really excited to finally see almost here at last - I think it's actually in Texas!!

easternsunrise, I love my Inner Child cards. Another ATer turned me on to them and I returned the favor by enabling several others!! :joke: They were almost my IDS choice, too. I'll be excited to see what you discover.

cronesayer, hey baby! you and Eugenia stay out of trouble now, y'hear?!!! :laugh:

Disa, thank you for the reminder about Tarot World Magazine. I've been too busy to read it!!

Promise, good for you, I admire your courage.

Hi, Polar Bear!

So happy to be hooked up with all you good people!!

XOX

Keavy:heart:

SolSionnach

Eugenia Madora said:
Hi Polar Bear,
I really want the Druid Plant Oracle but I think I will have to wait.
We'll see if I can hold out, otherwise I might have two oracles!

Hi Cronesayer,
It looks like we're going to be studying the same deck.
Is yours trimmed?
I can't decide but the cards are too big for my hands.
I may need to get a second deck to trim.

Hey Eugenia,
What I'm doing is using the DAO and the DPO as one oracle. They are the same size, and that way they have about as many cards as a tarot deck. :)

re: trimming - I don't have the druidcraft, but I know that the act of trimming a deck has been a bonding experience for me.
Now that I think about it, perhaps I should use the Haindl instead of Maat...
Naaah. The Haindl is too wintery! That one will be next. :)

Eugenia Madora

Ok, what a great idea!
I guess I will just have to get the DPO! :grin:

Hey Keavy,
What's happening?
You have been MIA!
Is there a big shoe sale somewhere? Milan? Paris?

Madame Squee

Eugenia Madora said:
Hi Polar Bear,
I really want the Druid Plant Oracle but I think I will have to wait.
We'll see if I can hold out, otherwise I might have two oracles!

Hi Cronesayer,
It looks like we're going to be studying the same deck.
Is yours trimmed?
I can't decide but the cards are too big for my hands.
I may need to get a second deck to trim.
Ooooo, I'm so glad we're in this together, Eugenia! Yep, mine is totally trimmed, and I love it! When you lay out a spread, the cards just flow one into the other.

Last night, the Page of Pentacles turned up next to the Tower, and it suddenly looked to me like she had just picked up a piece of the blasted Tower, which had flown and landed at her feet. :bugeyed:

It was one of those great aha! moments that convinced once again of the importance of getting to know and understand one deck, instead of hopping around (which I'm quite prone to do!:p). So, when I woke up today & realized this is Summer Solstice, I came here & voila! You guys have got it going on!!!

:heart:

Cat*

(Note to self: everyone from this thread included into the list.)

I had a surprising (in the good way) experience with my Housewives today (btw, I started my IDS right after posting my pledge). One of my friends - who likes having his cards read but who usually prefers to stay very silent during/about the readings - visited me today and wanted to look at the deck (he knew I had acquired the cards but had only seen the box before). After looking through the entire deck, he said, "Shall we read the cards?" with a rather excited look in his eyes (think: kid in candystore...).

We proceeded to have two amazingly talkative, fun, and to-the-point readings (one for him and one for me). I benefitted greatly from his takes on the cards - which he generously offered without any prompting at all from me, including immediate feedback on my reading for him. (Who are you and what have you done to my friend? :bugeyed:) I have gotten very valuable insights into the language of the cards from these cooperative readings. As a result of that I decided to leave the LWB out of my further readings, no matter how amusingly the authors put the standard RWS meanings into words (their writing should probably be enjoyed separately as another part of my study of this deck). The cards speak a lot more clearly when approached with an intuitive eye. In particular, they seem to love being taken quite literally. :)

To sum it up: so far, all is good between me and the Housewives. It seems I made a good choice. :)

Skimo

The Housewives is a really good choice!

I have offered one to my sister and she seems to enjoy it.

(Begin to be enabled to buy one for my self... mmmhhh... not now... mmmmmhhh... where is the de-enabling thread?!)

Prism

Disa said:
I've done one 10 card spread(The great one that was in the most recent Tarot World Magazine( It's a Celtic Cross shape but there are positions for what happens in different time periods, along with some other great qualities.) While I did the spread I journaled in my notebook but also tried to fill in each card in the study group. This helps me get a better understanding of the cards when applied to a spread, rather than doing a one a day which has never worked for me.

I decided to try something similar since the one-a-day method doesn't work for me either. I like three-card spreads at the moment, but I'm trying to be more disciplined about journaling, since that's the only way I know I'm slowing down enough to really look at each card. So I'm going to try to journal all the cards from one reading before I allow myself to do another one. I journaled two cards from yesterday's reading already. I'm also going to try to add more to the study group, which, for the Golden, is pretty limited.

easternsunrise

I just got my Inner Child Cards today...so I'm starting the IDS at once. I am so excited to dedicate 1 month at least to these cards...they are beautiful! When I first started learning Tarot I stuck with the Golden tarot for a couple months and have since been moving from deck to deck on a daily basis...this will be good for me.

Hoooray!!!

rwcarter

easternsunrise said:
I just got my Inner Child Cards today...so I'm starting the IDS at once. I am so excited to dedicate 1 month at least to these cards...they are beautiful! When I first started learning Tarot I stuck with the Golden tarot for a couple months and have since been moving from deck to deck on a daily basis...this will be good for me.

Hoooray!!!
Good luck with the Inner Child Cards. I tried using them last year, but they just didn't speak to me. I couldn't connect with the art. Plus my inner child is buried so deep he may never see the light of day again....

Rodney

rwcarter

Fellow IDSers,

Welcome to all the new faces.

My first IDS ended with a whimper. I haven't touched my cards since earlier this week. I ran out of time Wed night, last night we started cleaning cause we're hosting a dinner party for 8 on Sat. And I'm not sure when I'll get to touch my cards this weekend to start my second IDS since tonight is more cleaning and the dinner party will prob run late Sat night.

A suggestion for those who may not have read all or any of the first thread - as you do your study of your particular deck, check the Study Group forum to see if there is an existing Study Group. afrosaxon and I both managed to not only revive dead Study Groups for our decks, but to also complete the Study Group by posting on all the cards in our decks. Your input on your deck could prove to be valuable down the road to someone else. If there isn't a Study Group, why not start one up? (And don't worry about being the only one posting. It's a lonely job, but you won't be the first or only one to do it.)

Also for those who do daily readings and want to track them electronically, I have an Excel Spreadsheet set up for tracking 3 Card Draws. As you enter data into the spreadsheet it tallies how many times that card has appeared in each position and how many times the card has appeared overall. If anyone is interested in a copy of it, just PM me with your email address and I'll send it off. If you'd like it tweaked for other numbers of draws, just let me know.

Rodney