Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

WITTY

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Beyond Tarot > Oracle Study Groups > Playing Cards

Citizen

Isarma 
Citizen

WITTY

People what are your opinions for this:
WITTY, MACABRE PLAYING CARDS COMMENT ON THE FRESH HORRORS OF THE NAZI CONCENTRATION CAMPS

http://dangerousminds.net/comments/w...he_nazi_concen

Check the link
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #1
Citizen

caridwen 
Citizen

If you do a search you'll find some threads on these cards. They are actually designed by a former Dachau prisoner and architect. I'm not sure if they are meant as Tarot cards but I'm sure they can be used for readings.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #2
Jedi

Zephyros 
Jedi

Yes, this is the Kobe Tarot, and like caridwen said, they were made by a former political prisoner at Allach, a sub-camp of Dachau, both while he was there and after his release. His name is Boris Kobe. Some of them really are witty in a horribly sad, macabre way available only to one who was there. The first time I saw them I looked at them for hours; an amazing achievement and testament to human spirit. Really, they're very moving. Although a set for playing, rather than divination (it is actually a tarock deck) some of the drawings are remarkable interpretations of the meanings of the cards, with the Trumps especially (look at card 15!). A lot can be learned from them, even Tarot-wise.

You can read all about them here as well as see all the cards. They're aren't available for sale, though; they're in the museum. A limited number of sets were made in 2000 for a delegation of educators. I haven't heard of any of those that have turned up on the market, though.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #3
"and you can't make me..."

VGimlet 
"and you can't make me..."

Going with the context the cards were made in they were/are amazing.

Maybe this guys attempt at telling his story, and exorcising his own demons.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #4
Citizen

SunChariot 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isarma View Post
People what are your opinions for this:
WITTY, MACABRE PLAYING CARDS COMMENT ON THE FRESH HORRORS OF THE NAZI CONCENTRATION CAMPS

http://dangerousminds.net/comments/w...he_nazi_concen

Check the link
I am sure it expresses part of life, but I seriously could not read with that deck. It's reakkt hard to even look at. I don't know how you could get them to say anything positive or showing some of those images to the querent after.

Babs
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #5

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.