The Chariot's Charioteer is stuck?

Genny

Got this along with the Page of Swords for today..and i look at it and notice that the charioteer seems to be stucked in the Chariot. In a way that it looks like his legs is cemented inside the Chariot

Plus the Chariot itself looks like a booth...Like i said, these are my first observations and i don't mean to be rather rude.

Here are some thing i've found in this card:
- The Chariot going away from the castle: Setting forth to adventure
- He has no control on the two sphinxs (No leashes): Something to do with trust?

Might as well share what i've observed with the Page of Swords

- Going against the flow: Since the page is looking towards the left and the rest looked all going to the right
- Preparing for battle

I drew the page first then the Chariot..interesting pair..I sense something aggressive in these two.

squeakmo9

Hi Genny,

Initially when I was being instructed on tarot, I was told that the Chariot was symbolic of being stuck, not going anywhere or sinking...wishy-washy persona. Someone who is either too much in the home or outside of. Since then I really haven't quite figured out this card, though I do associate a complex of sorts having to do with the past, having to do with the home/mother. I say this because of the Moon adorning his shoulders (responsibilities). Side by side the Page maybe re-thinking, re-hashing his next move. Trying not to be so impulsive...at least it seems like the Chariot is trying to inject some maturity, if nothing else to the Page. Like, take another look at the issues, kid, simmer down(LOL).

Abrac

We see a chariot, a charioteer, two sphinxes, and a few other emblems. What this implies is anyone's guess. We can surmise several possibilities, but the list is potentially endless.

I've never thought about The Chariot from that angle. I've always considered it more of an active card. But now that you mention it, I see what you're saying.

-fof

Fulgour

Hi :) Genny! I see VII The Chariot as representing potential:
Karmic Objectives ~ Self-Actualisation ~ Spiritual Potential.

This card is not so much about Movement as it is Direction.

Josipa

I don't see this card at all as being passive, stuck. To me this is more about being firm, strong, being able to control two opposing forces, about success and will power, and about sometimes being to hard on yourself and others, maybe pushing it a bit too much.

Abrac

In the Marseille tarot, the wheels are turned sideways. There is potential, as Fulgour pointed out, but as yet unrealized (in a material sense anyway).

-fof

Fen Windglimmer

Genny said:
Got this along with the Page of Swords for today..and i look at it and notice that the charioteer seems to be stucked in the Chariot. In a way that it looks like his legs is cemented inside the Chariot
Well, there is some very overt Masonic symbolism in this card, and the way the Charioteer's body rises from that block, is one part of it. In particular, the way a perfect ashlar is fashioned from the rough stone.

Albert Pike said this (amongst other things) about it;

“The Rough Ashlar is the people, as a mass, rude and unorganized. The Perfect Ashlar, cubical stone, symbol of perfection, is the State, the rulers deriving their powers from the consent of the governed; the constitution and laws speaking the will of the people; the government, harmonious, symmetrical, efficient - its powers properly distributed and duly adjusted in equilibrium.”

Love and light to all

Fen

Umbrae

I think the perfect ashlar is back on the Emperor, card IV, to which some ascribe the sub-textual name, the cubic stone. The Masonic significance here, is the starry canopy that covers the Chariot.

The Chariot, as the agent of movement, is not movement itself. It is rather, the concept of movement, the second half of a decision.

The Chariot rests on the moment between the static becoming dynamic.

wolfmaiden58

chariot

Hi Everyone,

Be patient with me...!!....newbie aboard!! LOL!
I've had the Chariot come up a few times in several 'choices/decisions' spreads, and have tended to regard it as a symbol of movement/change....but, on really examining the card, I can see that the two Sphinxes (sphinxi??) seem to be pulling in opposing directions......could this therefore indicate that a decision has to be made and that the querant needs to choose between these before taking off?....and possibly could mean that the querant is also being pulled in two different directions and therefore is stagnant until the choice is made?
Also, when paired with another major, like Strength......would it signify applying wisdom/knowledge prior to acknowledging the Chariot?

Thanks,
wolfie

The_Star

The Chariot

Fen Windglimmer said:
Well, there is some very overt Masonic symbolism in this card, and the way the Charioteer's body rises from that block, is one part of it. In particular, the way a perfect ashlar is fashioned from the rough stone. Fen

Excellent!

A cube represents complete knowledge; contrasted with the rectangle (RWS) upon which The Devil (#15) sits.
The Chariot represents a 'mind-set' (an inner condition) that is in the process of transcending the pairs of opposites that make up the material world. It is an alchemical process of 'extracting or distilling' the spirit from the physical body (represented also by the cube).
The charioteer has his/her head in the stars (something higher).
The Chariot is 'fixed' (not moving) because The Charioteer knows that changes in the physical 3D 'reality' are caused by 'thinking them into being' rather than forcefully applying one's energy to making things happen.
The Charioteer is in the process of transcending the limiting concept of 'self' (the block of stone). He /she has magical knowledge that is being utilized to manifest both inner and outer transformation.