Another Way Of Seeing the Cards.

Bernice

Bear with me....... I don't have a continental Renaissance mind.

Been looking at the block of the next five cards, Justice to Hanged Man. Seems to me that;

Justice = Allegory. Hermite = A familiar real-life figure.
Wheel of Fortune
Force = Allegory. Hanged Man = A familiar 'social' event.

Looks like a sort of pattern. No idea where to go from here though, or how to discover the next move in the Game.

Bee :)

Rosanne

Bernice said:
Another small aside: I can't find the 6th set of 3 in Le Bateleur (noblet). Unless it's the three 'ground-swells, two blue & one yellow. Yep. That must be it.
:p 3 Cups, 3 Dice, 3 rings,3 legs, 3 Tools }), 3 Leaves What I reckon are tobacco leaves :eek:

8th card: Justice.

I am still working on Justice as I think it must be up the top like in one deck it is 20...... :confused:

Right, The initial bid has been won (Chariot). Now we're off!.

Before we go onwards we have a thing in French Tarot called a Poignee. Translated that is a handful or a gripIt is the strength of your hand really. You have a Poignée if more than half of the cards in your hand are trumps and you score bonus points- but you must show them before taking your first trick. It would a Tour de Force ! So in goes the Lady with a grip on the Lion. :D It's nearest neighbour in words is Squeeze lol.

Justice and the Hermite precede the Wheel of Fortune, so maybe they should be consdiered together, because the Wheel could be another deal/round?
Well the Hermit has sometimes been placed at 11 and elsewhere. This is why I was not to keen to number the cards. I would have rather assign the cards regardless of accepted numbers.

The Wheel does show the anticlockwise movement of the game dealing and at the top (Noblet) is the Chariot rider once again in his top position as winner of the bid. The Hermit should have an hourglass it is most likely that the lantern was a woodcut error. I think he is a statement of time is passing .... get on now- the bidding is done. Now that is 10 cards (excepting the Fool card- whom I thinks names the game)
The next eleven cards are I think are about the ethics of the game, clues about the high scores etc and the game result.

....something to do with hiding one's hand? Keeping cards 'close to the chest'?
Which card do you reckon shows this? Justice? If so Justice might be a nod to betting????? Weight of one's bet??? Not sure. Of course the Hermit could be saying "look at your cards" -but I think he is about time.

Thanks for the interest Bee
~Rosanne

Bernice

To backtrack:

Justice = weighs things silently/not publicly then speaks or acts. i.e.Player should assess the hand.

Hermit = Whether an hourglass (which I prefer) or a lantern/light, it seems to indicate a point in time when something is - or could be - revealed. i.e. A card is laid in play.

The Wheel does show the anticlockwise movement of the game dealing and at the top (Noblet) is the Chariot rider once again in his top position as winner of the bid.
Yes it appears to confirm that a bid is won. Perhaps it also indicates that the bid-winner deals next? (or does something.... dunno what :)).

I agree to ignore the card numerals :)
However, small blocks of sequential cards do seem to have survived and kept their position in relation to other cards - or has stayed in close proximity to them.

Rosanne, it might be best if you were to outline the image sequence that seems to impart instructions for the game. Then I could lay them out and mull over them.

Bee :)