Lauren Raine

Moongold

Greetings,

I found this page http://www.rainewalker.com/tarot.htm while searching for an image of the High Priestess.

I thought people might be interested to see another contemporary deck in the process of creation.

I really like this High Priestess and also the Hermit. The Hanged Man is one of the most original versions of this card that I've seen.

Hope you enjoy. The rest of the site is quite interesting as well.

Moongold

Celtic_Dragon

I've seen this deck before and I'm afraid to say that I still have mixed feelings about it. I love the magician but the lovers seem to be out of place and the hangedman kinda makes sense but I'm not too comfortable with it. Beautiful art work but I'm afraid it'll never be apart of my collection, just not enough interest I guess.

HudsonGray

I agree with the Lovers card, it just doesn't have what the others have (the High Priestess is my favorite). And the Hanged Man is too shell shocked to make any decisions at the moment. But if she gets her deck finished I'd definately look at it & consider. Depends on what the other cards are that she comes up with. Maybe she just lost focus with the Lovers. It almost looks like another artist did that one.

SherryZoned

I have been admiring this deck for a year. I even emailed the author once. She said it may take a long time for her to finish. I love the Hanged Man. That is just to me. A GREAT CARD! It just resonates with me.

Astraea

Beautiful artwork

Wow, what wonderful artwork -- I agree that the Lovers is not as "vocal" as some of the other cards, especially the High Priestess, Death and Hanged Man (which I like). But it looks as if this is going to be a very interesting deck. Thank you for posting the link.

baba-prague

I know it's a little off-thread but I also took a look at the masks on this site. Expensive (well, they look like they take a long time to make) but interesting. Some of them I would just love to use for photographs. Ah well, one day...

littleneptune

Thanks for posting this, I love modern interpretations of tarot! The Hanged Man is certainly original, although I'm not sure I 'get' it...is the warrior now becoming enlightened to his previous destructiveness and considering a better way?

divinerguy

The Star and the Magician absolutely rock.

SherryZoned

littleneptune said:
Thanks for posting this, I love modern interpretations of tarot! The Hanged Man is certainly original, although I'm not sure I 'get' it...is the warrior now becoming enlightened to his previous destructiveness and considering a better way?

I see this card differently..I see this man is doing his duty fighting for His country..(whether it be a war that is needed or a war that may not be neccesary) He is fighting for what is right. He is hanging hisself knowing the ramifications fo what he is doing. maybe he is knowting this is not the right way and he has to do it , Or he know sthis is teh only way and is doing it.

littleneptune

Wow. It just goes to show there is no 'right' or 'wrong' way to interpret the cards...there can be such differing approaches to the same image, depending on how you view the world! Thanks for sharing your take on the Hanged Man.