Lauren Raine

jlbvt

This is a pretty cool deck. I have seen some of the cards before, maybe on the Aeclectic database of decks? I don't remember. I don't think I ever saw the magician before- what a great modern take on it. I also really like the High Priestess. The hanged man is a little disturbing, but I guess some cards should be... Very interesting though. I think I will wait to see the rest of the cards before I decide whether I really like it. Thanks for the link! JOAN

spunch

Well, instead of bragging about my own cards all the time, I decided to go and see what other people do. So I stumbled accross this thread and link.

I must say, I love the first three cards the best (The High Priestess, Death, The Star being my favourite).

Can't cope with the hanged man. Too much war going on about. Croatia was also in war at some point, so I just want to get away from this card (maybe that is the point of it).

As for the magician, I'm having trouble with a wise guy wearing jeans. But I guess that has to do with all the stories we read as kids about wizards being long-bearded, old chaps. The mind just has to make a switch. I think this is called a willing suspension of disbelief.

The Hermit - looks a bit like a person from the horror movie - coming straight at me. But I like it. This Hermit doesn't to me look as though she is retreating, but rather as if she is coming back from her solitude, ready to share what she has learned.

In general - I love the deck. Would like to see the rest of it soon!
Thanks for sharing the link.