Soul Radiance Tarot

spunch

Ok, now I'm scared! :)
The idea was, and I think somehow this is shown on all my cards so far, that there is a higher power above us. The bottom of the card is always the Earth. Then the middle image is the representation of the card itself, something that can be within, or somethig that we see above us (like The Sun, for example), but there's also something higher than the Tarot itself, and I am trying to show this at the upper part of the cards. Like with The World. Above it's snowing. It might be cold or endless or oblivious. But then The World in the middle protects everything underneath from being hurt or damaged...

OK. I'm rambling now.

And I am pretty scared that somebody could now still my work. I didn't think so many people would positively respond, both on the forum and by e-mail.

I'll put a heavy watermark on each card + call upon you all as my witnesses in case of some legal despute ;)

spunch

azuremariposa said:
spunch, your cards are beautiful!!! the Ace of Cups really caught me, as well as the Moon (and the lotus blossoms)...
definitely copywrite your work, b/c these images you've created are lovely, and you deserve all the credit/acclaim...
bravo!!
many blessings to you, and keep up the good work! can't wait to see more!!

Thank you so so much. You are the firs one to mention The Ace of Cups. BTW, these on The Moon card are waterlillies. They are there to symbolise deception, for no waterlilly blooms under the moonlight. They are beign tricked into opening, changing their real nature, forgetting who they are and are flying towards the Moon like moths towards a street lamp. Lucky for my waterlillies, the sun will rise shortly and everything will be brighter, energized with those huge balls of energy, warmth and light!

Astraea

Good Thinking!

Spunch, all kidding aside, it's a good idea to protect your work at every stage of its development. I so admire your designs.

azuremariposa

sorry i mistook them for lotus blossoms, as the two are very similar in appearance, spunch...afterall, the 'blue lotus' of the Nile is the waterlily, Nymphaea caerulea, not a lotus and the 'white lotus of Egypt' is just another species of waterlily...in either case, the Moon card is mystical and beautiful...well done!!
many blessings to you!

spunch

Hm. I just realized I must have sounded like complete idiot :( , defending my waterlillies. But, you live and learn. Thank you so much for your reply. And forgive my hastiness (I guess that's the right word!) :)
azuremariposa said:
sorry i mistook them for lotus blossoms, as the two are very similar in appearance, spunch...afterall, the 'blue lotus' of the Nile is the waterlily, Nymphaea caerulea, not a lotus and the 'white lotus of Egypt' is just another species of waterlily...in either case, the Moon card is mystical and beautiful...well done!!
many blessings to you!

Diana

spunch: I never have time to stroll into this Forum, but for some reason I felt like having a peep at your thread - also to get to know you better. After all, you're our only Croatian member! :) (All I know of Zagreb is the railway station!)

All your cards are quite quite lovely. I am impressed. Hope to see more of them soon!

But I was especially intrigued by your Moon so I was so pleased to see your explanation. Would you mind explaining why you chose a crescent moon and not a full moon? Or do you prefer not to give away all your little secrets?

azuremariposa

absolutely not, spunch!!

you did NOT sound like an idiot, "defending" your waterlilies!!
it was nice to read your intention behind putting them there (other than making an artistically lovely card)...makes for a better understanding of the image you've created...
you've done an excellent job! be proud of your work and don't put yourself down again...otherwise i'll have to flog you w/a wet noodle...or somethin' ;)

spunch

Hi Diana!
Thank you very much for taking the time and lurking into this forum ;)
I'm glad The Moon intruiged you, and of course, no secrets, I'll try to explain why I decided to put a crescent moon on this card. I just hope I'll be able to explain myself, since English is not my native (parent :) ) tongue:

Well, first of all, this is a common for in which the Moon is represented as a symbolic sign. And since the Tarot is about symbolism - there you go!
Also, I see the crescent moon as the symbol, as an attribute of female, especially virgin deities. (as opposed to sun - being for me masculine - like The Empress's and the Emperor's signs) It is furthermore related to pregnancy and birth. Virgin Mary is often protrayed with the crescent upon her feet, and you can say that in many cultures the Goddes in all her forms is often presented by the crescent.
So, it's about virginity, femininity (I think I just made up this word!), pregnancy, birth and The Goddess.
Also, for me this card is the symbol of chaos and deception. If you are deceived, that means you cannot see clearly. I would expect to be less deceived during the Fool moon than during the crescent when everything is darker, more obscure. Also, some Slavic people used to predict birth and death by looking at the crescent (If it's two pointy ends look upwards - it's a good sign / as in my card, but if they look downwards, someone will definitely die during that night).
And the last reason - I wanted to make the contrast between the Moon and the Sun card. Since the Sun follows after the moon, moon had to be less shiny, obscure, so that the new day may come in all its glory!

God. What a philosophy! I hope I didn't make it too complicated and that you can make some sense out of all this jibberish! ;)

Love
spunch

Diana said:
spunch: I never have time to stroll into this Forum, but for some reason I felt like having a peep at your thread - also to get to know you better. After all, you're our only Croatian member! :) (All I know of Zagreb is the railway station!)

All your cards are quite quite lovely. I am impressed. Hope to see more of them soon!

But I was especially intrigued by your Moon so I was so pleased to see your explanation. Would you mind explaining why you chose a crescent moon and not a full moon? Or do you prefer not to give away all your little secrets?

Hedera

Hi Spunch,

just wanted to let you know that I think your cards look great! I've never really thought about it before, but after seeing your cards, I can definately imagine a 'people-less' deck. In your cards, the symbols themselves seem to become the protagonists.

I like your moon, of course, it is very still and mysterious. I do kinda miss the sense of fear of the unknown, of what lies hidden int the depths and of uncertainty I usually see in the moon. The actual feeling I get from your moon is more like what, to my mind, the (high) priestess feels like. But hey, there are about as many opinions on what the cards feel like as there are taroteers!

I do really like your Wheel of Fortune, though, I love the sense of movement. Very often, this is a really static card, and for me, it should be about movement, not forwards but in a circle.

And I like your World very much, too - it seems to *bounce*! Because of all the lines surrounding it. Very uplifting! Yes, the more I look at it, the more I like it. I can't really make out those 3 things in the bottom, though - are those purple flowers?

All in all, very interesting cards. Please, keep going - I really hope you'll be able to publish this deck in one form or other!

spunch

Two more (and the last for now) cards added

My dear friends.

I've just added two more cards. Please, accept my sincere apologies for troubling you with my threads, but you are the only audience I can trust.

I've just added two more cards to my page - The Devil and The High Priestess. I promised to some people and to myself that I won't be adding any more cards, but I had to do that one more time. Since this is to going to be "no people deck" I had to check with these two cards, which usually have some people on them, whether these images I created will stir some emotions and whether you can relate to symbols on them. So, please, for the last time, be so kind and give me some feedback. This is really important to me, especially for the last two cards.

Again, the link is:

http://web.vip.hr/davor.planinec.vip/

Thank you so much once more. I love you all. You've been so great and supportive and your positive criticism gave me hope that one day something might come out of this.

spunch