Atanor Tarot Deck

mandragora

Hi there,
why are so many people creating own decks in past 10 years???
Well, I am a tarot reader and a painter, naturally, i created my deck as well. Here it is uploaded partialy on http://www.atanor-art.hr
I would really love to discuss it with you.

HudsonGray

I love the emperor and heirophant. The cursor moving over the numbers worked fast & pretty well.

I couldn't get the minors to come up, even clicking on them--except one of the aces eventually came up. Took a LONG time to load, so I couldn't get to see those. They are unillustrated pips? Did I miss much?

mandragora

uh,uh, I forgot to mention that not all of the cards are uploaded, The scaler indicating minor arcanas works in following order from left to right cups, discs, swords and wands. So if the card doesn't load, means that it is not there yet. I was kind of amused with swap effect but it get too long to make it work. I will be refreshing the site regularily. Also there are court cards missing entirely from the site. But I believe there are enough material to get general idea.

full deck

Nice

I like the look and feel. It's a bit like Dalhi, Bacon and Bosch combined and is a great example of why I love Photoshop. It reminds me of how my more notable dreams appear sometimes.
Keep it going; it's looking great. This set is much closer to my own tastes.

I'm guessing that many attempt tarot decks so as to form a more personal connection to something beyond their notion of themselves. There may be other reasons but I suspect that this reason is a common one.

spunch

Hi there!

As I already said, I love the cards. To me they give an impression of a Renaissance tapistry. (also, as full deck says, a combination of Dahly, Bosch and a bit of Goya earth tones). Just keep on going.

I naravno, svako dobro u tvojim naporima i nastojanjima da svijetu pokazes svoje unutarnje vizije!

(for those of you who wonder what the *bleep* was that - a short course in Croatian - "And of course, all the best in your endavours and attempts to show the world your inner visions!")

;)

mandragora

Thank you for visiting my site (hvala spunch!)*bleep*croatian*thanks*for spunch I must say that I like yor deck, as I already wrote to you but will repeat it in public, and it has Osho flavour/ clean, devoid of medieval parafernalia, bright and its title really makes sense: yor deck radiates, warmth, purity and light .
My approach was different, indeed , I intended to call the deck Cyber Renaissance, well, it still may be subtitle, I put emphasis on art rather than occultism as full deck has recognized and stated preciselly almost all of the refferences (btw. full deck; the deck was processed in paintshop (as Major Tom's), but has oil-canvas and ink version (solid apart from electronic, I use Photoshop for technical reason; for CMYK conversions and simmilar resons).
The deck is finished completely, but is not completely uploaded, I was actually impatient and eager to talk, therefore I *HTMLized * the idea as fast as possible and will be reloading the site regularily.

full deck

That's good news

mandragora said:
(btw. full deck; the deck was processed in paintshop (as Major Tom's), but has oil-canvas and ink version (solid apart from electronic, I use Photoshop for technical reason; for CMYK conversions and simmilar resons).
The deck is finished completely, but is not completely uploaded, . . .

Wow, if it is done then let me know about buying a copy; it's nice. I really like the style. You know, I had a good friend that painted and used "Painter" with a Wacom tablet for producing painterly-like artwork, so I started working on stretching Photoshop to the point where I could achieve such effects as well. To date it has worked really well provided I use certain plug-ins.

I agree too about Spunch's deck. I liked the effciency and cleaness in his as in "The Hermit" or "Death" and "Judgement".

Assuming you have the pre-press situation under control there, have you considered offering a subscription to your deck so that people would pledge you a fee which in turn would be used to print the first batch? I don't know printing prices there but it is one way to see it printed sooner than absorbing the entire costing yourself.

spunch

I must say I like the title Cyber Renaissance much better than Atanor deck. (wouldn't the title Cyber Renaissance have anything to do with loving Matrix and its cyber-punk atmosphere?) :)

Anyway, I'm so glad that the process of creating one deck is behind you. That means that you can start creating another one! ;)

Whatever you decide to do, I'll keep my fingers crossed!

mandragora

yeah, there still is possibility that I will recreate the whole idea,
that means another deck.
you are right full deck, I have discussed this possibility already and have two offers in that respect here in Rijeka, the thing is that we have to supply safe web conditions, ISO standards, that kind of stuff...this is not my area therefore my gray cells are in safe mode when talking bussiness..we'll see

full deck

Yeah, "safe web conditions" is a good idea. You could first collect pledges and when you reach the "magic proportion" of subscriptions that would allow for printing, then set a date for everyone to send the $$$.
You could also use a "PayPal" account to receive money as well, which is safe. I pay for software once and a while using Paypal.

I guess you would need to figure out postage charges first too.