Down to the wire...

Cerulean

...ahhh, for two years and all my life, down to the wire, 9:30 pm Pacific time...well, a mental deadline only.
A sampling of six color cards to scan and printout, only, that was my goal tonight.
All the formatted page write-ups, the near-final introduction, even illustrations for my choice of gift covers..... My last stage was hopefully a few hours to scan, convert and then print some of the output for a mock up at a quick copy place...
I did a small pause to glance at the printer ink color replacement box and then go to workout, pop by a take-out...Later, some final conversion glitches as I switch from the scanning station to our main PC system...and turn on the printer, find the color ink cartridges won't print and then turn to the box...
Of ink-drop refreshers!!! But was this a freshly-dead cartridge...? After a bit of back and forth, turns out when I bought the scanner some months back, the refresher caught the husband's eye to try, They were nicely put in a cast-off color inkjet box as a holder...
Of course one night more won't hurt...I'm wanting to do at least two sets of six good first run impressions so the color copies will look nice...I kind of don't want to spend the rest of the evening scrubbing ink off my fingers, which I can spred very easily. This is what I said to myself as I ran down to the local computer store...which was closed at 9:00 pm.
I came home, hugged my so-and-so and said "wahhh". Through the magic of "rationalization" and imaginary fantasy, I drained all his favorite ink pens of blue, uprooted several plants and squeezed the green out, harvested sunshine yellow and drained a court of blood from so-and-so
It actually was my fault for not checking more thoroughly, but I'm sighing and hoping some here will laugh a little ruefully, with me. It was much easier when I just relied on paint, went to a printers for a reproduction, and from there, took stuff home.