New CBD Marseille App for Android and Kindle Fire

Ace of Stars

It's very impressive. I was tempted to buy the pro version, but the reviews on Amazon were mixed. The main objection seemed to be that the full deck illustrations aren't present for the court and suit cards.

Hi Barleywine,

Shonna from Galaxy Tone here :) The Pro version of CBD TdM includes all 78 cards + the blank card and much more text than the free version (adapted from the long interpretations in Yoav Ben-Dov's 'Tarot - The Open Reading'. It has also has an expanded "browse cards" section. You could look at the reviews in the Play Store for a better idea of what people think, if you wish.

Tarot Illuminati includes almost all the text from the original Tarot Illuminati kit -- the one with the gilded cards. So, Kim Huggens's themes for each card and the passage from the point of view of the card. As well, it has an interactive encyclopedia of suits, elements, numbers, and astrological correspondences.

Write any time with questions about our apps. Thanks for your kind words.

Barleywine

I went ahead and bought the Pro version today from Amazon after already having the free one on my Kindle, but it doesn't seem to have been delivered since the available screens are still the same as before. The order payment shows as pending, but the Kindle "dinged," showing some interaction occurred. Unless you have any insights on this, I may have to get Amazon involved.

ETA: Never mind, it took a while to fully download (unlike books, which are virtually instantaneous). It seems to be there now, so I'll let you know what I think.

Barleywine

OK, I've had some time to play with this and think it's going to be useful when I don't want to dive into the book (which I've already read twice). But I find the interface very unforgiving and kind of wonky. For example, if I drill down into the Card Associations and want to go back up to the interpretation screen, I just get dumped back to the card image, and when I touch that again I get pushed back onto the Card Associations screen. The same thing happens if I select another card from the main page. I can't escape that loop until I back all the way out of the app and start over. Is that the way it's supposed to work? If so, it's certainly a pain to navigate. I don't see any user instructions in the app, unless I'm missing something.

Ace of Stars

Hi Barleywine,

It's better if you write to me shonna@galaxytone.com for instructions. I'll try to answer briefly here:

"if I drill down into the Card Associations and want to go back up to the interpretation screen, I just get dumped back to the card image, and when I touch that again I get pushed back onto the Card Associations screen."

If you are looking at the Knight of Coins associations and want to see the interpretation screen, use the circle tabs at the bottom, which are like different pages on the same card. The one with the feather is the interpretation page.

There is also a back button on the bottom of the screen that will take you back to the former screen. So say I go Knight of Coins associations --> Knights --> Queens (tabs at top) --> Cards --> Reyne de Baston --> associations --> wands (that's pretty deep, right?), I can now use the back button at the bottom of the screen to go backwards through those screens to the Knight of Coins associations again.

It's true you do have to navigate back to the Knight of Coins associations page before you can switch tabs to see the interpretation.

Anyway, I hope you like the app. Write anytime with questions/suggestions.