The Wild Unknown Tarot - Mother of Wands

Sulis

Thank you Nickigirl, I didn't know anything about mother snakes apart from what I'd found on the internet and I too think that the acting on instinct to protect the eggs and to keep them at the right temperature so that they hatch OK is a very 'Wandish' thing to do..

allifai

I have to thank everyone for this thread entire—it has blown my mind completely, and I was having difficulty finding out how this particular card fit in with the rest of my spread.

One of the very first things that stuck out at me is the wand itself has a branch that points towards the mother, and it gave me the impression that she might get poked or hurt by it. Meaning that the very thing she is uses defensively to protect her eggs—the wand—might in the end do her harm. And not only that, but she knows that it will, she is ready for it, waiting, and okay with it happening. That ties in with many viewpoints and facts about mama snakes presented here.

Hope this helps & thanks again :)

Sulis

I have to thank everyone for this thread entire—it has blown my mind completely, and I was having difficulty finding out how this particular card fit in with the rest of my spread.

One of the very first things that stuck out at me is the wand itself has a branch that points towards the mother, and it gave me the impression that she might get poked or hurt by it. Meaning that the very thing she is uses defensively to protect her eggs—the wand—might in the end do her harm. And not only that, but she knows that it will, she is ready for it, waiting, and okay with it happening. That ties in with many viewpoints and facts about mama snakes presented here.

Hope this helps & thanks again :)

Hi allifai,

Thanks for this, I hadn't even noticed the branch pointing towards the mother that may hurt her.. Such a good insight that the wand (her passion, her protectiveness) may actually hurt her..
Don't you just love these cards?

allifai

Hi allifai,

Thanks for this, I hadn't even noticed the branch pointing towards the mother that may hurt her.. Such a good insight that the wand (her passion, her protectiveness) may actually hurt her..
Don't you just love these cards?

I do completely love them :heart: