Tell-Tale Typo: Rider copied University Books

rwcarter

Fulgour hasn't logged into Aeclectic in more than 6 years, so it's doubtful you're going to get a reply from him. Hopefully someone else knows the answers to your questions.

DustyWhite

Am I too late to join the fun?

So Fulgour, if I understand you correctly, you believe it's beyond reasonable doubt that...

First came University Press - red 2 part slip case (USA)
Followed (copied) by Rider & Co - 2 part lift-off Blue Box - 3 Fitzroy Square London (UK)
And then last of all came USG's yellow box - 468 Park Street ?

Oh, after all these years, I need to shuffle pride of place positions of my RWS decks!

And where do the original 1968 Albano-Waites fit into this scheme of things, I wonder?

Fascinating! :thumbsup:

Hi Richard,

As we were discussing (history of UB decks/books/boxes?LWBs) in the other thread, I think you may have your answers already. But if you want what we know so far I can give you a lineage of any point from 1888 on (it would be a very long lineage, with many missing parts) if you have any questions about a few particular decks. I have been fortunate enough to flesh this out with some dedicated researchers. I can offer up some of what we are working on now :)

RichardG

Good Grief!
It's funny to look back and realize what a Newbie I was only one short year ago...

The many hours I've spent trolling the AT forums have seen those dating questions answered, thanks Dusty.
Although I'm sure there's still some surprises in store....;)
Cheers,
R.