Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Live Tarot Readings Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

The Good Tarot by Colette Baron-Reid

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Decks

Citizen

Achlys 
Citizen

I was interested until I read there's no "negative" cards...positive-only affirmation decks are not to my taste and don't do too well in readings for me...I think I'm going to pass on this one.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #101
Cat on a cold stone roof

gregory 
Cat on a cold stone roof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achlys View Post
I was interested until I read there's no "negative" cards...positive-only affirmation decks are not to my taste and don't do too well in readings for me...I think I'm going to pass on this one.
Mine is on the way - but this puts me off too.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #102
~ borderless ~

Madrigal 
~ borderless ~

Truth in the Story did a youtube unboxing if you're interested in seeing the whole deck. Def not for moi.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #103
Resident

Booklioness 
Resident

DarkStar posted a full flip through on YouTube, so you get to see all the cards. While there are no negatives, I am still intrigued. I look at it the same way I view "Dreams of Gaia"; it is a completely different kind of deck, but am very glad I purchased it.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #104
Cat on a cold stone roof

gregory 
Cat on a cold stone roof

Quote:
Originally Posted by EightWands View Post
That's disappointing. Lovers card does indeed look too much like Strength. Lovers card is my go-to in any deck, to decide if I want to purchase it or not. This kind of ruined it for me.
I just got the deck. Lovers and Strength both show a woman and a lion and are VERY different cards. It works. And Love is NOT bestiality oriented, it REALLY isn't.

I rather like the deck, though have a few reservations - not least the card stock - FAR too thick. I don't mind the extreme gloss. I could have lived without Transformation for Death, and Patience for Temperance, and as for Temptation fro Devil - I suppose it's what you have to expect from Hay House, though; I can't say I was surprised. "Call" for Judgement is interesting, though.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #105
Cat on a cold stone roof

gregory 
Cat on a cold stone roof

Got it. Hay House. Death - Transformation - why am I not surprised ?

On the plus side, I pre-ordered it and in between times it went down in price by 7. I always like that in a deck

The stock is too heavy. Some of the collage is dodgy - 7 of Fire, for instance, where there is no way the unicorn wouldn't have fallen off the rock, and the Page of Air's hair is - well, just no, not even on a bad hair day. Someone had issues with Love (=Lovers) but I think it's fine. It is absolutely NOT depicting bestiality.

But it is actually a lot better than I feared - though I really do HATE the thickness of the cards.

ETA no, now I am angry. She barely credits the artist at all The ONLY credit is in the booklet. "Interior illustrations by Jena DellaGrottaglia". The ONLY illustrations are - the cards. So Jena did the cards, I assume. Colette should SAY so, in BIG LETTERS. That's RUDE. I googled Jena's art and I'm sure I'm right here - not least because on HER site she mentions it. (and on her site those who have been asking can see more cards. )

https://www.autumnsgoddess.com/the-good-tarot
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #106
Citizen

GlitterNova 
Citizen

Can anyone compare the stock of this deck to the Mary-El tarot in terms of thickness and gloss? That's become my benchmark
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #107
Cat on a cold stone roof

gregory 
Cat on a cold stone roof

Gloss - just as glossy. Thickness - doesn't FEEL as thick card by card - but the deck as a whole feels heavy, thick and unshuffleable. Card size - smaller - which MAY be why it FEELS so thick anyway. Rigidity - more so I think, though others may differ.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #108
student of tarot

rwcarter 
student of tarot

Moderator Note

To avoid confusion, I have merged two active threads about this deck together.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #109
Citizen

Scarlet Woodland 
Citizen

I ordered this yesterday after extensive dithering, as I now have a specific purpose in mind.

The positive affirmation thing isn't a problem for me as I'm apt to lean negative anywhere it's possible . It's more of a concern when the positive cards aren't demonstrably positive.

Am fine with the name changes, except for Temperance to Patience which doesn't make sense to me. Aside from being a rather odd choice of word, surely Temperance would have worked perfectly within this deck anyway. If it's a question of unfamiliar vocabulary, then moderation or balance would make more sense to me <shrugs>. I probably won't see the title after a few uses anyway.

I think the artwork is lovely and I very much appreciate HH's production value/price ratio. Am hoping the combination of this deck and one of my tough love, kick up the rear decks will help get me unstuck from the mud.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #110

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.