Decks You Wish You Hadn't Bought?

canid

emmsma said:
ooh! Me First!

Deviant Moon. I found it ugly and creepy. Had to force myself to look through the whole deck. :p

I'm still on the fence about that one. The Victorian Romantic snatched my attention away but if you can find the humor in it, you may bond.

MysticalMoose

:laugh: Regarding Gregory's Turd Deck

I am crying with laughter here.... I did the online reading & asked about my love life & i got ..... THE TURD... thats about right to be fair :(

gregory

Wow ! Does EVERYONE get it ?

Off I go....

No. My outcome (health) is loneliness.... :(

jackdaw*

Fantastic Menagerie, Fenestra and Mystic Faerie were the only ones I really regretted buying because I disliked them so. But they all went on to happier homes, so ...

Blue Rose and Rock and Roll because they were just so freaking expensive and I never came even close to getting back what I paid for them.

Dusk Till Dawn

I really hated the vandenborre. As soon as I got it, I traded it. I don't know why I got it in the first place.

Dusk Till Dawn

MysticalMoose said:
:laugh: Regarding Gregory's Turd Deck

I am crying with laughter here.... I did the online reading & asked about my love life & i got ..... THE TURD... thats about right to be fair :(
That's why I got it! I had the same result, regarding my health. But surprisingly the Turd never showed up again..

canid

gregory said:
Wow ! Does EVERYONE get it ?

Off I go....

No. My outcome (health) is loneliness.... :(

No, I'm with you on that deck.

Hathor

The Gendron for me. I saw some online scans and had to have it. When I finally got it and opened it, I was aghast and bitterly dissappointed. I couldn't get rid of it fast enough, I despised it so. But it did go to someone who I believe is still giving it lots of love.

Vesper

Ship of Fools. I bought it because Llewellen was having a sale. Five bucks for the whole kit; deck and companion book. I should have known: you get what you pay for. The cards had a weird chemical smell that never dissipated. The color scheme? Brown on beige. Plus I just have a thing about medieval decks. I immediately picture Monte Python type animations with people's legs going off in different directions. I can't take it seriously.

Oh, and the Millennium, by Allison Krause. Sharp, unrounded corners. Tiny, blurry pictures with enormous blurry frames. Even the card titles are blurry. That should never happen. I think someone pimped this deck and made it look really cool, but I'm not that creative.

Altena

The Osho Zen Tarot- it's not a tarot deck. It's weird, the instructions are cryptic and it does absolutely nothing for me. And since it's in Norwegian I can't even sell it.

Gendron- bought it for an average price, wish I hadn't. Didn't speak to me at all. Thank the Goddess for the "I don't love you anymore"-thread :D

Vampires Tarot of the Eternal Night- to me the cards look all the same. I love dark decks like the Bohemian Gothic and Deviant Moon and I also love vampires, but this feels flat and doesn't speak to me at all. For some odd reason I can't make myself part with it though, it's like it's begging me to give it a second chance.

Destiny Tarot- what an awful way to kickstart a budding interest in the tarot. This was my first deck and I still shudder at the thought. Thankfully it didn't put me off tarot for good, but it was a close shave.

There are several decks I'm not really using(Fenestra, Der-Jen and Lisa Hunt's Fairytale Tarot spring to mind), but I can't say I regret buying them.