Pantoulas tarot

Sigrdrifa

Through Adam McLean's blog on tarot I came across the majors only deck by George Pantoulos. I can't find anything about it on Aeclectic. Is anyone here familiar with the deck?

RiverRunsDeep

I've had this deck on my wish list for a long time. I had a relevant website
listed in my notes but, after seeing your post, I checked it and it is no longer
up and running.

I did see that George Pantoulos has a profile on Linked In, and he posted that
you could get the deck by contacting him at: grafistas@yahoo.com. (Am I
allowed to post that??) His post was in 2012, so I'm not sure if the deck is
still available.

Let us know what you find out!

RiverRunsDeep

Wow, that IS a fast response from Mr. Pantoulos. I'm glad you were
able to reach him, and even more glad to know this deck is still
available!

Sigrdrifa

I already contacted him about 2 weeks ago, it took a while to complete the order because I had to wait for my pay check ;)

RiverRunsDeep

Oh darn, I guess I wasn't being as helpful as I thought! :laugh:

Enjoy your deck! I would be curious to know your thoughts about
it once you receive it.

Sigrdrifa

2 days ago I received the cards in the mail. They are HUGE, about 11.4 x 20 centimeters. Because of that they do feel a bit flimsy, even though the cardstock in itself is good. With this size the only way to shuffle them is to just throw them around on the table. As they're majors only I wil probably only use them for 1 to 3 card readings anyway. Great advantage of the size is they're great for contemplation and meditation.

The one thing this deck really lacks is an accompany book(let). In some cards, the artwork is so different from what I'm used to, a few key words would be very welcome.

I have set number 7 out of ten, from series 6. I really love the idea of owning something that's printed in a small edition. I would recommend this deck, but only if you really love the artwork and are willing to learn to work with different symbols in the cards.

RiverRunsDeep

I am glad to hear that the cards are big! I like to use Majors-only decks for the same purposes you mentioned (1 to 3 card draws, meditation, etc.) and larger cards serve those purposes so well. I don't think the lack of an "LWB" would deter me; I'd like to see what I can get intuitively with this particular artwork. What DOES deter me is the price; it seems a little steep for a Majors-only deck, so I will have to keep it on the wish list for now.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

Sigrdrifa

You're welcome! Indeed, there are many full decks (from my wish list...) that can be obtained for like half the price. Still I'm glad I have it.