Sabian Symbols Study Group: Aries Degree 11 - #11

Elven

:) Welcome to the Sabian Symbol Oracle Study thread!

Please feel free to discuss the Sabian Symbol in this thread, and to ask questions or, explore any aspect of the many interpretions the Symbol holds. Please add your own observations and interpretations too!! The Symbol used in this heading is by Lynda Hill.

Sun Sign: ARIES
Degree: 11
Number: 11

Symbol: THE PRESIDENT OF THE REPUBLIC, OR THE RULER OF ONES COUNTRY.

Lynda

The Presidential degree

Hi Elven
An interesting snippet of astrological information is that Al Gore's Sun degree is this one - The President of the Country or The Ruler of the Nation.

This is quite interesting in the light of the fact that many believe that Gore actually won the election he stood against George W. Bush! Of course he did spend years being the vice president to Bill Clinton, so he did fulfill the spirit of the meaning of the Symbol regardless of whether he 'should' have been president or not :)

I see this degree, amongst other things, as being about taking charge of our lives, being able to direct and control our lives the way we want them to be. It can be, of course, someone else lording it over us and trying to take away our ability to think for ourselves.

I love what you're doing with the Study Group here, Elven, and thank you! I put up a link from my website to the Oracle Study Groups page here on Aeclectic.

Love,
Lynda

Elven

Hi Lynda :)

The Symbol makes sense for Al Gore! Not being very 'up' on most political debates - I do remember this one very well - as I thought he had won. Which Symbol would he have been in opposition to at the election (What is George W. Bush' Symbol?)
Aries Degree 11 versus ?

Another thought ..
The sign opposite this Symbol (Aries degree 11) is:
Libra 11: A Professor Peering Over His Glasses at His Students ...

With the Karmic Symbol being:
Aries 10: A Teacher Gives New Symbolic Forms to Traditional Meanings...

and the Quest Symbol being:
Aries 12: A Flock of Wild Geese ...

The tension Symbols are:
1: Aries 11: The President of the Republic, or the Ruler of Ones Country.
2: Cancer 11: A Clown is Caricaturing well-known personalites.
3: Libra 11: A Professor Peering Over His Glasses at His Students.
4: Pheasants Display their Brilliant Clours on a Private Estate.

The Five Pointed Star. (72 degrees apart)
1: Aries 11: The President of the Republic, or the Ruler of Ones Country.
2: Gemini 23: Three Fledglings in a nest High Up in a Tree.
3: Virgo 5: A Man becoming Aware of Nature Spirits and Normally Unseen Spiritual Energies.
4: Scorpio 17: A Woman Filled with her own Spirit, is the father of her own Child.
5: Capricorn 29: A Woman Reading Tea Leaves.

Hmmmmm .... any interpretations on this?

Blessings
Elven x

MCsea

Idealization is Dr Jones key word - ha thats interesting isnt it

Solarfire -Part of Body: Optic nerve

This symbol for me is about authority, power and control. It may also represent personal views and opinions AND the follow through in actions and commands. I also see people with this as a sun symbol or Juipter often own their own business or are in control of important things.

Interesting we have that soapie The white house - with the female president starting here this week..

MCsea

Element Aventurine
Discussion
The name aventurine means "by chance." Aventurine is a form of quartz, this is green adventurine. This mineral stimulated mental alertness and provides mental clarity, bringing career success (prosperity), that helps people see alternatives and potentials in difficult seemingly ‘dead end’ situations.

purple_scorp

I thought it would be good to use the Orphalese software to record my daily sabian symbol readings and so set about looking for appropriate images to convey the meaning of each card.

Attached is what I came up with for this symbol.

with love
purple_scorp

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 349

mooncat2

:) I always seem to see this as two different people.........two different regimes.

The ruler as a reigning monarch, a king or queen, holding their position as one of birthright. An ancient heritage with long traditions and whose government often is a little archaic and dated.

The president of the republic is of a later time,often coming into being after a revolution or conflict, the people weary of their leader and wanting change ........his government more progressive and up to date.

Ideally what is needed is the best of the old and new combining together.

As individuals this symbol asks us "Who rules the country of Yourself"

The President may answer with great confidence......." I do. I am the one who is charge. I've been through a revolution.........made changes.......thrown out all that was limiting me. I am in control.

Far below in the unconscious the old ruler just smiles and waits..........he knows different.

Old behaviour patterns,responses and emotional fears can be so familiar to us , so deeply entrenched that we don't see them as such which makes them very dangerous.

I think the greatest danger is when we are in the process of change........actively moving onto a new path or starting a new project. Making decisions with confidence .........knowing we're facing a challenge and proud of ourselves for facing the fears this challenge involves. In control.

What I've discovered over the past few weeks is that you can never be sure you are. I rode into this symbol on the back of a tiger :D...........and got eaten alive. It wasn't what I was doing but how I was doing it.............in the same tired old repeating pattern I always have and the only one in charge of this exciting new journey was ..............Fear! :(
At least discovering that I could make changes but I have the feeling there may be more dangers lurking.

Green adventurine sounds perfect.........mental alertness.......keep the lookouts patrolling!

Image attached but this one is very personal.........its my country so can't be seen as a general representative of this symbol.

:love:

Attachments

• SoulCollage.JPG
    SoulCollage.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 347

huredriel

I love that picture Mooncat .......... especially the way the cute little rabbit could be hidden inside the mountain!!

tink27

Looking at mooncat2's painting I can't help but wonder if the red mountains are that of iron....a legal proscecutor??

Or...is it magma? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magma

Right away this gives me a feeling of a false sense of freedom. We have the freedom to 'explore his domain', but.....it's confined to his territory. Eek!

The maleovent leader disguised as benevolent. Our naviety about life??

The rabbit here looks similar to the one in the Medicine cards....the opening starts with....

Scared little Rabbit...Please drop your fright! Running doesn't stop the pain, Or turn the dark to light.

Hmm, makes me think of the Rabbit in Alice in Wonderland...the clock ticking...always running.....

What about the movie Clockwork Orange?

In purple_scorp's image, I see this as someone who 'needs' to be held in right regard...it's important to them!!

mooncat2 said:
Old behaviour patterns,responses and emotional fears can be so familiar to us , so deeply entrenched that we don't see them as such which makes them very dangerous.

This speaks volumes to me. I'd love to explore this later with everyone!

tink :love:

mooncat2

tink27 said:
Looking at mooncat2's painting I can't help but wonder if the red mountains are that of iron....a legal proscecutor??

Or...is it magma? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magma

Right away this gives me a feeling of a false sense of freedom. We have the freedom to 'explore his domain', but.....it's confined to his territory. Eek!

The maleovent leader disguised as benevolent. Our naviety about life??
Yes.........its quite scary.
I have no idea what the red mountains are...........the original picture was of outback Australia. I would think Marina will know.

The rabbit here looks similar to the one in the Medicine cards....the opening starts with....

Scared little Rabbit...Please drop your fright! Running doesn't stop the pain, Or turn the dark to light.

Hmm, makes me think of the Rabbit in Alice in Wonderland...the clock ticking...always running.....

What about the movie Clockwork Orange?

Looks like the same rabbit to me, too. The Fear Caller .........a great story of how that came about. "What you resist will persist! What you fear is what you will become"

from www.sayahda.com

"Rabbit guides us into the shadow world where our personal fears lie. When Rabbit appears it is time to examine those deep reflexive fear that hold you back from growing. His quick dash to safety is a protective device to keep him from danger"

In purple_scorp's image, I see this as someone who 'needs' to be held in right regard...it's important to them!!

Very perceptive, tink! :) I think most of us would like to be held in high regard for what we do . A harsh inner critic constantly telling you that you're not good enough has you believing that.........becoming what you fear. Projected outward then there is only the expectation of criticism and rejection.......so don't go there........stay safely in the burrow.

This speaks volumes to me. I'd love to explore this later with everyone!

Speaks volumes to me too!!!! Worth some exploration.