mercury retrograde, september 24th

phoenixblu

oh this explains a looot..... cancelled appointments, breaking a cell phone... hmph... when does it end?

Starshower

It does seem to be true!

Poor LadyKathryn! I've been in that horrid place you are (possibly still am) and am sending you healing, hope and Love.

I'm new to astrology & only just starting to learn about it - all the maths & trigonometry scared me off!
Reading this thread, I'm amazed. These things can't be 'self-fulfilling prophecies', since I didn't know about them till just now, but during the last fortnight:
1) My laptop got v sick & had to be patched up w extra brain.
2) My mobile phone went weird & started mixing up messages!
3) My phone bill and credit card bill are inexplicably astronomical!
4) My daughter won't talk normally to me without huffing & puffing, taking offence & yelling (she's just returned from Europe, after having ALL her worldly good stolen.)
5) An elderly relative was taken ill & misdiagnosed in the hospital as having had a stroke - he had not! (He is ok now though.)

I'd better stop listing woes before I fall on my sword!
Could any of these problems REALLY be anything to do with the path of the winged messenger?!

LadyKathryn

winged messenger

it does depend on where merc was in your natal chart... is how merc retrograde hits you

but usually things technical get screwed up....and communication is screwd up as well.

i usually hold my breath and hang on for dear life when merc goes retrograde....for me...it's usualy equal to the freaking TOWER card

and i think i'm going through some kind of return or something... oy...

i'm at the bottom of the wheel of fortune right now...i CAN NOT WAIT for the upswing!

so anyway... your daughter is probably embarrassed about having everything stolen from her, and feels ashamed and is affraid of your oppinion. It will blow over if you just show her love and tell her it can happen to anyone.
EVEN if she was being stupid

then when time has passed, talk to her about it... and then you can give her your oppinion...but right now i think she needs you to be comforting and understanding.

good luck
:)

Milfoil

Well, I've never put much store by astrology because whenever I look at my natal chart as listed on online sites, it bears no resemblance to me at any time in my life! However. Lately for about the last 2-3 weeks and still ongoing, I've felt completely cut off from things, isolated, lacking the connection to my spirit 'team', a bit lost etc and I have to wonder if its connected with this mercury retrograde.

Mercury/Hermes is important to me for several reasons so perhaps there is a connection.

I read somewhere (forgive my complete lack of knowledge about all things astrological) that the Mercury retrograde was over by the 15th??? Is that true?

GreenMoonBeam

Milfoil said:
I read somewhere (forgive my complete lack of knowledge about all things astrological) that the Mercury retrograde was over by the 15th??? Is that true?

Indeed. Tarotlyn explains this somewhere. That to me is the only good thing
about this Mercury retrograde, it ends on 15th October. But there is another one in three months. Sighs :bugeyed:

LadyKathryn

the 15th

Merc Retrograde is over by October 15th

as for your natal chart. Could be inacurate if you don't know your offical birth time.

But to get it to feel connected to you right now..right this moment.. you'd need to see a progressed chart. It basically takes your natal chart and fastforwards to today. Then it is better at explaining current cirucumstances.

One of my closest friends is an Astrologer...and believe me...she knows crazy stuff about ppl. She can see their natural tendiencies.

Milfoil

Ok, so reading a little more about this, even if its a time of irritation, slow down, standstill or confusion, we can use this to our advantage instead of railling against it. We can deliberately go back over things, slow ourselves down to see clearer etc.

Is that it or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

afrosaxon

Milfoil said:
Ok, so reading a little more about this, even if its a time of irritation, slow down, standstill or confusion, we can use this to our advantage instead of railling against it. We can deliberately go back over things, slow ourselves down to see clearer etc.

Is that it or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

Nope, you've pretty much got it down pat, Millie. :D

It's like anything else in life: you can get rattled when things go haywire, or you can calm down and roll with the punches.

Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape. :cool:

T.

einhverfr

LadyKathryn said:
it does depend on where merc was in your natal chart... is how merc retrograde hits you

but usually things technical get screwed up....and communication is screwd up as well.

I think we have more control over how we are affected than that. Rather than the stars impelling us, I think that they manifest in ways which sometimes we either need or want, or where we are not unified in this area, are uncontrolled.

One option might be to look for a place where Mercury rules and a crisis is necessary and channel that energy in that direction.....

Wonderwoman

Mercury Communications

Okay, so the more I examine the effects of Mercury, the more it directly correlates with the communication factor. Just from reviewing the past three weeks of the stock market tumbles, financial institution crumbles and buy-outs and of course the incessant media coverage..It was a Mercury lashing on the financial districts. By Mercury being Retro I think it taught Wall street that the good times of The Fat Cats were over and it was Back to Frugality. Reversal of fortunes for many a fat cat. It would be a Great Day when these professionals on that field paid a little more attention to astrology.