recovering from pluto

kahlo

Hi!

My ascendant is in gemini and pluto was in my opposite 7th house until it's departure. During this time five of my family members died and I had to move to another country and had to leave my career behind also. My sun sign in Taurus in 12th house. I'm fairly new to astrology and am trying to work out if things will be more peaceful. I worry that Pluto is now in 8th house..to be honest old pluto has got me running scared! Just wondered if Pluto transits are normally this chaotic?

Gavriela

Sorry to hear what happened to you - truly. I can relate.

I usually work in classical astrology, but yes - Pluto transits can be like that, and I'm breathing a huge sigh of relief that it's out of Sag, and no longer pounding on my Saturn and Ascendant.

Let me see - move country once. Lose job in new country. Have massive accident. Move country again, still not healed, end up in the middle of a political coup, homeless, gaoled and tortured on several occasions. Lose everything. Fiancé killed in Iraq.

Followed by even more abject poverty, serious illness, multiple surgeries, more people I love dying, more surgery, finally a diagnosis which has a whopping 16 cases listed in the medical literature, depart to yet another country for medical treatment, which is only partly successful.

Back to middle country, horrible tax audit to face, more people die.

Some of the highlights of that one. You have my sympathies, but at least it's GONE for now, unless you have promiment planets or angles in Capricorn, Libra, Aries, or Cancer.

Breathe for a bit. I have natal Pluto in the eighth, but again - not one I usually pay attention to (you can find just as much trouble without the outer planets).

Still, things ought to start getting better. I think Pluto didn't notice that it had been demoted from planet and decided to take on the whole sign house system, to boot.

kahlo

yes, you can really relate Gavriela! My saving grace was that when all this Pluto energy hit hard I was in the tarot card year of 'strength' which served me well. In the words of Nietzsche, 'That which does not kill us makes us stronger'. Bon voyage Pluto! and blessings on your travels!

MCsea

kahlo Gavriela both HUGS

I have been struggling with a transiting pluto square natal pluto (Virgo) conjunct natal mars (Sag) and can really relate to what you are both saying,
I see that Im going to make it - but a serious mystery illness (lupus plus extra bits) - operations - deaths and or divorses and or mental break downs- relocations (just interstate) - work!!!!??!!! - finances (what finances?) - mulitple equipment failures/replacements/fixes........................

and its not just looking at the glass half full either - a few of my friends who have been very patient and understanding have started a 'save Marina' campaign I liken to 'save the whales'...

needless to say one more 'hit' when pluto gets close to 1 Cap in September 2009....

what to say -apart from I hope Im cleaning up my WHOLE family Karma, or building bricks in heaven or SOMETHING good..
I look around and many of my friends have a good run - and they are the first to say it - I suppose its pushed me headlong into spirituality - which is a good thing :)

hmm so to answer your first question - for me Pluto transits are normally this chaotic!!!

MARINA

Grigori

I would think Pluto has little effect from moving into a house, its a generational planet and not a personal one. Its strong effect on you seems more likely to be because it aspected a point in your chart, apparently the ascendant. If its current location gives no aspects to points in your chart, I'd not be worried about any more havoc.

I tend to prefer the classical planets myself, at least that is the focus of what I'm studying at the moment, but having had a pluto transit myself recently, (conjunct the short arm of my natal T square) I can't go as far as some people do and dismiss it. Damn glad Plutos moved over, and hopefully it has for you also.