What Are You Currently Reading?

foolMoon

Simplified Qabala Magic by Ted Andrews

This is a short and small book, but seems have good information on the topic.

It concentrates more on the practical side of Qabala, hence meditation, magic and rituals with the Tree of Life can be explored in detail.

It also has many attributions of each sephiroth that I have not come across before such as type of people or deities connected to it. It is a great help in meditating a particular sephiroth and open the consciousness into that level.

A great wee book.

Morwenna

Marcus Katz & Tali Goodwin, Secrets of the Waite-Smith Tarot.

lumen.hilare

187a8bdfd0a9bef5a0ff9ae8675fd3ab.jpg

:)

Sztar

Just bought "Understanding the Tarot Court" by Mary K Greer and Tom Little. Was reading on the train!

Nosgo

I'm currently reading Sex Magic, Tantra & Tarot : The way of the secret lover. Thank to foolMoon for the reading recommandation! I'm enjoying it so far! (Really love Duquette writing style, fresh and easy to digest).

foolMoon

I'm currently reading Sex Magic, Tantra & Tarot : The way of the secret lover. Thank to foolMoon for the reading recommandation! I'm enjoying it so far! (Really love Duquette writing style, fresh and easy to digest).

You are welcome Nosgo. I think the book had been written in the early 1990s, and it was prior to DuQuette's fame as a popular Occult author. His writing style in the book seems different from his later books in that it seems more dry and simpler, which gives clarity on the topics.

He is using his Tarot of Ceremonial Magic in the first half of the book for classifying and explaining Tarot, so it is a good reference manual for the deck, and also it could be used along with any Thoth or the GD based decks too, I feel.

Enjoy your reading. :)

lumen.hilare

"Seventy Eight Degrees of Wisdom: A Book of Tarot" by Rachel Pollack! [emoji39]

RiverRunsDeep

"Tarot and Dream Interpretation", by Julie Gillentine. Meh, it's "okay". A lot of the introductory stuff is information I have read elsewhere. The dream interpretation linked to each tarot card is rather self evident (to me). If you understand the meaning of the tarot card, it is easy to figure out its meaning for a dream. The "dream symbol dictionary" section is a useful reference.

My favorite part of the book is "Tarot and Dream Practices". This section offers a variety of tarot spreads to use for dream exploration, and provides many excellent examples. This is the section I will probably refer to most often.

foolMoon

"Visions and Voices" and "776 1/2" both books by J. Eshelman.

These are beautiful books, heavily bound hard cover, and full of gems in content. Books for life.

baconwaffles

This thread is great for reading recommendations, I'm glad I found it. I am currently reading Paul Hudson's Mystical Origins of Tarot. It goes into the evolution of playing cards and symbols from earliest known(record of playing cards) period onwards. I am loving it so far, insightful and full of detail.