How to Win Ebay Auctions for Tarot Decks ?

G6

Snipe

I lost the snipe. Somebody had a higher maximum. I think it comes down to the person that really wants it will set the highest maximum.

Teheuti

I lost the snipe. Somebody had a higher maximum. I think it comes down to the person that really wants it will set the highest maximum.
For me it comes down to my budget. I've let lots of things I really want go. Sniping helps me be disciplined. If money is not an issue then go for it.

Am waiting on something right now myself. I've raised my minimum twice as I got more information about the item, but the bidding is becoming hot and heavy. Am now at my real-true max. Wish me luck!

G6

For me it comes down to my budget. I've let lots of things I really want go. Sniping helps me be disciplined. If money is not an issue then go for it.

Am waiting on something right now myself. I've raised my minimum twice as I got more information about the item. But am now at my real-true max. Wish me luck!

Hope you get it, Teheuti and nobody out snipes you!!! ;-)

Teheuti

Hope you get it, Teheuti and nobody out snipes you!!! ;-)
I get out-sniped most of the time, but I have won a few goodies that others overlooked.

earthair

I have found recently that I always win auctions where I change my mind and decide I don't like/want the deck that much!
However, impulse bidding can lead to some interesting and lovely discoveries... :cool2:

So....did you win Teheuti?

Teheuti

So....did you win Teheuti?
Still a few hours to go and the bidding has jumped way over my max. It is out of my league - possibly because I queried what I thought might be a mistake in the description (I was right) and the owner posted the answer - making the item far more valuable.

gregory

Tell us what it was, after !!!!

G6

Still a few hours to go and the bidding has jumped way over my max. It is out of my league - possibly because I queried what I thought might be a mistake in the description (I was right) and the owner posted the answer - making the item far more valuable.

Bummer, Teheuti. That's always the risk when you pose a question. I did the same thing with a mint 1978 Golden Dawn that didn't advertise the year. Fortunately, Golden Dawn isn't such a "hot" deck, lol! I just received it via Ebay for cheap. I did lose a snipe bid the other day for a more "desirable" deck. Win some, you lose some I guess.

Yes, do let us know what it was and how it turns out when the auction ends! :)

G6

Am waiting on something right now myself. I've raised my minimum twice as I got more information about the item, but the bidding is becoming hot and heavy. Am now at my real-true max. Wish me luck!

Did you win?

G6

I just asked a question on an item and now there is another bidder, oh well. I sniped it, we'll see who wants to pay more...