Watch out for this scam on Ebay/Amazon!

gregory

When I buy from Amazon marketplace and Ebay I don't assume that the photo is of the actual copy of the deck that is for sale unless it is clearly stated that it is.
This. Though on ebay, I do rather more, as unless it is some totally new item with a stock photo, people tend to take their own pix. I know I always do.

MoonGypsy

I'm not really seeing why you say it's a scam.. It sounds to me as if they checked to make sure that all of the cards were there and then repackaged them.. Yes, they shouldn't have claimed that they were unopened but it's not as if the deck had been used and showed signs of wear.. You said yourself that the box and packaging may have been damaged in the post so it should have all been packed up better but many decks come with cards out of order.

I guess I just don't really get why you're calling it a scam.

i agree totally with Sulis...Scam is an awfully harsh word to use here IMHO.

Chas0039

I had an odd experience today with an Oracle deck on Amazon. The seller listed it as new but it arrived with no cellophane, cards obviously had been out, and the spine of the book clearly bent from being read. Nothing badly worn or damaged, just used.

On pointing this out to the seller, they became indignant and said they had priced it just fine and I should quit complaining. They said I couldn't get it new at their price anyway. I pointed out that I had chosen their listing as it was NEW and came in just a few cents under another dealer where I was getting free shipping and, in any case, I didn't get what I ordered.

In 20 years of buying on Amazon, this is the first time I have seen a seller who listed used for new and then was indignant because I pointed it out and expected them to adjust the price. They tried to make me feel like it was my fault for expecting a new deck as was listed, because the price was good anyway, and what did I expect?

I'm still waiting to see what results. It is a small matter so I am not overly concerned, just very surprised at their way of thinking.

Takes all kinds, I guess