Tarot reading etsy shop

tsukuyomiai

If i were to start an etsy shop to do tarot readings, how many people do you think would go? on top of that how can I promote it. I absolutely love to read the tarot and I want to help people. Im actually pretty good at it so i believe i can sell my services online. However i just wonder how quickly it would sell and where else i can promote it and offer my services.

Citrin

What I've seen from some of the shops that seem to attract lots of clients (Enchanted Land, The Four Queens etc) they are good at promoting themselves on social media. Today there are many options to show people who you are as a tarot reader. I think YouTube seems quite popular? At least I follow lots of tarotistas on there. :D Facebook, Instagram (Ashes and Wine Tarot promotes himself a lot on there, and I didn't find it hard to get to 650 followers on my own tarot page there), a good blog... Lots of possibilities online as I see it.

I just remembered a post a while back by Benebell Wen about how to attract more clients. I haven't read it in a while but you might find it interesting: http://benebellwen.com/2015/04/22/9...blicity-for-your-professional-tarot-services/

Good luck!

Achlys

I know a lot of sites have been rather against using their sites for non-tangible services like tarot reading.
I'm kind of curious to know if etsy follows the same type of policy.

I've set up a free webcam account on sites like MyFreeCams and things like that and promote the link. People can donate for your services and you can charge them while being able to at least videochat with your clients for better online readings.
That's helped a lot.

I hadn't thought of a Facebook page but perhaps I will look into that.

greenthing

I would totally be down for an Etsy purchased Tarot read!

Like it's been said, promoting yourself is the biggest part.
Get your name out there and I really think you'll do just fine!

Moonpaw

If i were to start an etsy shop to do tarot readings, how many people do you think would go? on top of that how can I promote it. I absolutely love to read the tarot and I want to help people. Im actually pretty good at it so i believe i can sell my services online. However i just wonder how quickly it would sell and where else i can promote it and offer my services.

I used to do tarot readings on Etsy. They're quite popular, so as long as you're doing some kind of promotion, you should be able to sell pretty regularly. One thing that really helped me was joining Etsy tarot communities. It's also a good idea to make sure your readings are well-tagged so they're easily identifiable by search. A crash course in SEO might be helpful to you. I also used to carry business cards linking to my shop to hand out to people who ask "what I do" or who are interested in receiving a reading.

I know a lot of sites have been rather against using their sites for non-tangible services like tarot reading.
I'm kind of curious to know if etsy follows the same type of policy.

They do not, thankfully. Here's Etsy's link on the sale of services; here's their policy on digital files (presumably the format most Etsy tarot readers use); and an explicit response from an Etsy admin about which metaphysical services are allowed:

To be clear, this is not a ban on all metaphysical items. At Etsy, we believe in freedom of thought, expression, and religion. You may sell astrological charts, tarot readings, and other tangible objects, as long as you are not making a promise that object will effect a physical change or other outcome, such as weight loss, love, or revenge. Medical drug claims or claims of a medical cure are also not allowed.