Chalices mother and Pentacles father; How do parent suits influence the child?

ThusSpokeZarathustra

My mother is emotionally sensitive, loving, during, and relational (Chalices). My father is quiet, conventional, and overall rather simple (Pentacles). Being a middle child and an equal mix of my parents, I see traits if both in me. Since going to college and feeling that I've come into my own, I also resonate with Swords.

This got me thinking: For those who identify specific people based on their personalities with suits, how do you resolve situations where two people of different suits have children? Do their children inherit their parents' suits? Does the child end up with an entirely different suit?

Follow-up question: Modern psychologists believe that personality is derived ~40% from personal experiences and ~35% from biological influences. (The remaining 25% is broken into a couple other influences that are negligible in this discussion.) Based on this, could someone's suit change from their biologically-determined one of that had enough personal experiences that would cause a change?

I'm eager to hear your thoughts. :)