Can you still do readings if one card is missing from your deck?

obsidian_queen

Hey guys

I'm so annoyed. I lost one of the cards from my Revelations Tarot Deck. I take it EVERYWHERE with me, and today when I was clearing the deck by placing each card in order, I realized that the Chariot was missing. Now, I read somewhere that if even one card is missing, then the deck is useless because the cards are meant to be read together. Is this true? Do I have to cough up the dough for another deck? The last time this happened with a deck, 2 cards went missing - the knight of wands and the ace of pentacles- and these cards manifested in my real life in the most amazing drama - but that's a different story for another day. My concern is my current deck..I keep having this funny, irritated feeling about reading without the missing card. I feel like there's this weird GAP in my energy somehow. Am I making too big a deal of this?

rainwolf

If you saved the extra cards that come with the deck you could use one of those. Otherwise, you can decorate your house with your old deck?

Kahlie

You can either use one of the extra Cards, and/or ask the publisher if they can send you a replacement! :)

Some are actually nice and do that ;)

Kahlie

catlin

Hi there, obsidian_queen,
The Revelations is a LoScarabeo deck so you can drop them a line and ask for a replacement card I am sure they will send you one.

I would not throw away the complete deck just because one card is missing. I have an incomplete Sola Busca deck and luckily it is just the 8 of wands which is missing and I can live (and read) with that but a missing Chariot card would tick me off.

Amaterasu

I think you can still do a meaningful reading with one card missing. I admit, it's bad that you lost a trump card, but there are still a lot of expressive cards. I'm sure they'll still get the message through.

It never hurts to try asking for a replacement. :)

Elven

Hi obsidian_queen!

Sorry to hear about your lost card - but what good news if LoScarabeo is nice enough to replace missing cards!! Good on them!!!

Im not having a laugh at your expense, but just find it so interesting that it was the 'Chariot' that 'did a runner' on you! ;)

Possibly you could make sure you keep your car locked!!

Have you read with the rest of the deck to find out where the Chariot is?
Just a thought. I hope it turns back up after its finished galavanting around!!

Blessings
Elven x

catlin

@Eleven:
Your post reminded me that in my old RW it was the 2 of cups which eloped. They choose to stay in a book store at LU where I did some public readings and when I came back home I realised that the card was missing. Of course I asked at the book store but appartenly someone had just thrown away the "grubby old card" (hey, that was the patina acquired in more than 10 years of reading) so I took out the 2 of cups from a brand new RW and had a hell to make this card look as battered and used as the other cards of my old deck (that was a lesson in "How to make your deck look old and worn").

obsidian_queen

Thanks guys..

I'm gonna hunt for it one last time today and if I don't have any luck, I'll try to get the publisher to replace it for me. Hope I find my original though...I don't want to have to wait for weeks on end to start reading again. Oh and I DON'T have a car though I've been thinking of buying one..if I don't find my card the LEAST that Chariot could do is show up as a real vehicle in my life :D

inanna_tarot

just had to go through the same thing :) Over samhain I lost my death card from the Druidcraft. I was very upset to say the least! I emailed OBOD and then sent me a replacement.
During that time though I just couldnt read with it. Its the last chapter of a book was missing. I felt I couldnt read with it because what if the Death card needs to come up yet cant? I instead spent lots of time with my Thoth deck and that has been some good quality time. Just holding the incomplete pack felt pointless and incomplete.
Now I have the death card back and feel much better for it. My deck is complete and ready for reading with once more.

You arent the only one, and the old Death card still hasnt turned up!
Blessings,
Sezo
x

SunChariot

Yes, you can still do readings with one card missing, although it is not ideal. Especially if you read intuitively. The answer will come in the form of one of the remaining cards.

I understand and I think I would feel the same sense of "wierdness" there. But if you ask a question your still should get a valid asnwer. I don't see each card as needing all of the others to work. The universe will send you the one that best answers your question.

Bar