Tarot years

SunChariot

Hi--here is a question for you all.

When you are doing your Tarot years and they add up to either 8 or 11, how do you know which year it is for you, either Strength of Justice. In a year and a half I will hit a "card 8" year so I was really wondering. What do you all do with that???

Thanks,

Bar

Grigori

I am an 8 for my soul card and my personality card, so every year is an 8 year for me. The problem is I want to be an 11 in the Thoth, and an 11 in the RWS. But not an 8 in the RWS or and 8 in the Thoth :(

So I cannot even just swap decks to suit myself :( LOL

I tend to lean more towards Strength cause I am a fire sign, and Leo is prominent for me also. I relate more to STrenght that Justice also. But this is all based on my own personal preference and no actual theory. Maybe you could focus on numerolgy of the numbers, or something like astrolgy to help you decide what applies best for you. Either that or wait to see how next year goes, and then you'll know for the next time and 8 or 11 rolls around. :)

Umbrae

I'm an 8.

When I'm talking to Similia, or Major Tom, zorya, or Teheuti - I know that's it is Strength.

With myself (and a handful of others) - I know it is Justice - otherwise, I'd be too intense (perhaps).

The Dreamer

I'm in an 8 year right now. It's definitely Justice. (Adjustment/Justice, I've always used just the Thoth for years. That's what fits for me. And in case I had any doubt, I found my Thoth Justice card inexplicably lying under my tarot table the day before my birthday turned- just when I was wondering about this very question- I didn't pay a bit of attention to RWS until this year.)

I have no clue why the year thing works at all, (or the soul/personality, for that matter) but it's undeniable that it does for me. Looking back at my previous years of 8, they also were filled with Justice/Adjustment themes. Before I even knew Tarot existed. (Strangely they've also seemed to be some of the worst years of my life- this one's going a little better, possibly because I have more of an idea of what is going on.)

Knowing which is "correct" may just be a matter of seeing what fits the individual.

And the question of whether there is a linkage between Justice and Strength, and if so, what it is, is an interesting one. Also interesting to me, the question of whether "mistakes" (such as the idea that one set of cards is misnumbered, and the other numbered right) aren't really just part of a bigger thing which has nothing to do with mistakes at all.

But what is comes down to is seeing what fits with an individual's experiences in life.

Major Tom

Umbrae said:
I'm an 8.

When I'm talking to Similia, or Major Tom, zorya, or Teheuti - I know that's it is Strength.

With myself (and a handful of others) - I know it is Justice - otherwise, I'd be too intense (perhaps).

Actually, I'd tell you it's Justice. ;)

SunChariot

I can only say that I have no idea of why it works either but it has been amazing to me how accurate my Tarot years have been. From the year I started with Tarot which was a Death card year, and in which I had unavoidably to break up with someone I cared deeply about. To this year which is my Lovers' year, when an old boyfriend whom I have not seen in over 20 years, and whom I obviously still love found me again after all that time... just exactly 4 days before my Lover's year started. They do certainly seem to be accurate for sure. And btw my cards have been predicting for years now that they one I had to break up with in my Death year will reappear in my life in my Lovers' year. :) Since he was very much the person I loved most in my life, that makes perfect sense to me. :)

And me too, even the years before I knew anything about Tarot were accurate. I was amazed, for example, to see that the year I left my husband to get divorced was also a Death card, and that was over two full decades before I had a clue about Tarot.

Thanks everyone, I guess I will have to wait a year and a half for year "8" and see which year it turns into, and which ever one it is year "11" will be the other one. :) For me though, I am most comfortable with Strength being 8 and Justice being 11, I guess as that is the way it was in the deck I learnt on, the Haindl Tarot. So I kindof hope it follows that.

Thanks again,

Bar

Shula

Curious

How do you figure out your Tarot year??

SunChariot

Hi Shula!

I seem to be running into you a lot lately. Nice meeting you.:)

There may be more than one way to do this, but here is mine. It has always been very accurate for me.

You add the month and day you were born and the current year (or to any year that you want to know what your Tarot year was) You need to arrive at a number of 22 or less as your Tarot year will correspond to one of the Major Arcana cards, of which there are 22. If the numbers you add up come out to 22, that will represent the Fool, as obviously there are no numbers you can add up that will give you a 0.

They are added in the following way. I will use my birthday as an example (June 29th)

=2040

Then you add these together
=2+0+4+0=6

This this year for me (from June 29,2005 until June 28, 2006) is "6" which corresponds to the Lovers' card. This year for me is a Lover's year. And yes your year would go from one of your birthdays to the next, not follow the calendar years.

Next year (June 29, 2006 until June 28, 2007)...

=2041

(2+0+4+1=7= The Chariot)

So that year will be a Chariot year for me. Again you need a number of 22 or less, as there are only 22 Major Arcana cards. If your number added up to more, for example after adding it all up you got 23, you would have to add the 2 and the 3 together and that would give you 5-the Hierophant.

Also you will find that the numbers of your years do not always go in order. Sometimes one year is a 5, the next a 6. Sometimes one year is a 15 and the next year could be a 4 or something. They do jump periodically. So it is best to add them up for each year.

Your Tarot years are supposed to represent the major influences you will encounter and the major life lessons you are meant to learn in that year. And they have been very accurate for me too.

I hope I explained it well. If not feel free to ask me anything that does not seem clear.

Bar

tmgrl2

I use 8 for Justice and 11 for Strength...

but mostly I use the number...eight.

terri