Margarete Petersen Study - X - The Wheel of Life

firemaiden

from discussions with Aoife

It's a star nebula around a birthing sun, so yes -- a kind of cosmic womb -so yes, birth of life -- and the sun being born at the center is also the woman's heart chakra. The center is the heart, the sun, the place of peace, the eye of the storm, the nucleus of life. The River is at the bottom of the card, where the "answer lies"; Aoife said, this suggests we must sound the depths to come to the answer.

MP writes that to become "seeing", we must thaw our blind love, - that is a surprising justaposition -- , we expect blind love to be *hot*, not frozen. This suggests -- that when love is blind, it is held, fixed, stuck. To get off the Wheel, (and my personal wheel a.k.a broken record has all to do with "blind love") we must allow ourselves to see reality, and let the frozen-ness of holding stiffly on to illusions unfreeze/thaw out/melt -- only then, will there be "flow" -- the flow that we must embrace.

EarthAngel2911

Boy, Does Time Fly!

Well, I've had my notes written up for this card for over a week now, but I've been very busy at work. I'll definitely try to post it today, though. :)

Blessings,
Karen

greycats

Circle into spiral

"Subtle adjustments in the orbit" can turn the circle into a spiral (which is how it all began) and one can move forward. Spirals can have a third dimension whereas a circle cannot. ;)

aduki

This Wheel of Life seems like a classical representation of the Wheel of Fortune (like the Visconti-Sforza Tarot) to me. Except that lady Fortune is not sitting on top of the Wheel or in the middle of it, but she is the Wheel itself. On the left a person is going down (I have reigned), he (she) is yelling or in distress, in red (color of pain, or love). On the left is a person going up (I shall reign), in blue, she (he) seems very relaxed, Zen, maybe going with the flow (which is much more easy if the flow is going up). The Wheel is indeed represented as a flow, the flow of life. Lots of Wheels have a still point in the centre, but this Wheel seems more like a whirlpool than a Wheel (indeed a spiral). So you are pulled in. But in what? Into the sink? Into her heart? As the centre is also the place of Fortuna’s heart. But then the text says: “When the blindness of love thaws, you regain your sight”. The heart is in the centre, but the eyes are in the flow (Wheel). So what vision (looking with your heart or with your eyes) do we prefer?

firemaiden

Hello Aduki. How nice to have someone to share this deck with and inspire me to look at it again. I like what you say about the flow.

Looking at the card again it reminded me of those tigers running around the tree so fast trying to catch each other that they turn into butter.