Fairy Tale Lenormand

ArwenNightstar

Hey y'all, Great Dane encouraged me to stop over here to let y'all know about a deck in progress.

Lisa Hunt and I are working on the Fairy Tale Lenormand. Images are up on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/groups/48275231055/ ) and (I think) in Lisa's blog as well. We are nearly done with all the images.

We've adopted a world approach so you will find myths and tales from far East to Germany and South America as well as many other parts of our amazing world.

I'm writing the book with a focus on the traditional meanings of the cards filtered through the story it represents. For instance the RING is from Aladdin and the Magical Lamp. We show the ring front and center while the background incorporates a magic lamp and a genie.

Some cards are archetypes such as the HOUSE which represents the home of all heroes and heroines and villains too.

U.S. Games has this under contract so we hope to have it out in 2016. I've got my fingers crossed for a tin instead of a box. :D We shall see.

celticnoodle

oooh! I LOVE Lisa's artwork! I have her Fairy Tale deck and absolutely LOVE it! I took a peek at this deck creation and I like it too. I'll have to put it on my wish list. :) thanks for letting us know!

reall

I've been waching this on fb!:)) must say fantastic art!^^ luv all cards so far!^^:))

greatdane

I am not on FB, yes, I know, I'm a fossil. However, just putting in Fairy Tale Lenormand made it come up for me and I am happy with the images. I find the main image of what I look for (House, Tree, etc) stands out well, my only thought is hoping the CLOVER is green, as at first sight, I just see lines. I like the face inside the Clover.

I love the simplicity of Lenormand, and as long as the images are each clearly represented, and at the forefront, I'm pretty cool with various styles and Lisa Hunt's artwork is lovely.

I will definitely continue to watch this deck!

ArwenNightstar

Thanks so much. We are focused on making this a traditional deck in terms of not renaming cards and making sure images are clear for fast reading. We are adding in two Ladies and two Gentleman. Each one will have a peasant and a prince/ss version since those are two important archetypes in fairy tales.

greatdane

Good to know, Arwen!

I am looking forward to seeing the deck. Is it too much to ask it be done and available....next week? :))

MoonGypsy

Blessed Be, Arwen! Long time no "see"!

This is quite exciting! You and Lisa teaming up for the Fairy Tale Lenormand deck!

All i ever have to hear is :"Lisa Hunt", and i'm on board with great enthusiasm. :heart:

She has been one of my very favorite Artists for years and years...[and such a sweetie]

With you doing the text and Lisa doing the Art! Sounds like a Winner to me! :thumbsup:

P.S. i don't do Facebook, either...

greatdane

Sister Crones of a Feather, MoonGypsy :)

I least I have company in not being on FB.

greatdane

PS We could ALWAYS ALL em US GAMES :)

And lobby for a tin. I see US GAMES using them more and more. I so prefer them to a box for lots of reasons.

celticnoodle

:laugh: no, GD, you are NOT a fossil! I do have a FB account, but only so I can see the pictures of grandchildren and the latest things the kids are up to. :rolleyes:

Thanks so much. We are focused on making this a traditional deck in terms of not renaming cards and making sure images are clear for fast reading. We are adding in two Ladies and two Gentleman. Each one will have a peasant and a prince/ss version since those are two important archetypes in fairy tales.

I love it when the deck offers two Ladies and two Gentleman. So far, I do only have one deck this way--but it does make me want this even more! I also like clear images and not a lot of other detail in the cards.

Thanks Arwen for this information and I'll wish you and Lisa good luck with this--but I know it is going to be a hit and will sell very well. :)