2 of Cups - Where are they standing?

ravenest

Sanitized response:

If you don't have the password to access the secret interior chamber where the mystery is reenacted, I'm afraid you'll just have to make do with the description in The Chymical Wedding of Christian Rosenkreutz. :joke:

"But above all things I delighted in my page, who was so excellently
spoken, and experienced in the arts, that he spent yet another hour
with me, and it was half past three when I first fell asleep."

:bugeyed: ... I think he got a bit distracted there ?

Richard

"But above all things I delighted in my page, who was so excellently
spoken, and experienced in the arts, that he spent yet another hour
with me, and it was half past three when I first fell asleep."

:bugeyed: ... I think he got a bit distracted there ?
He obviously had an unfortunate tendency to veer toward the right hand path of conventional spirituality and needed a dose of tantric yoga to realign him onto the middle path of enlightenment.

Abrac

In the book, The Hermetic Museum, Alchemy & Mysticism, page 365 (Alexander Roob, published by Taschen), there's a picture attributed to M. Maier, Atalanta fugiens, 1618. In the picture, two lions (one winged the other not) are going at each other.

Lions Pic

The caption reads:

" 'Add to the lion a winged lion so that both may live in the air. But it stops firmly and stands on the earth. This picture of nature shows you the way through which it rules.' Maier advises sublimating the two natures (Sulphur and Mercury) until they are inseperable."

This is an enigmatic statement, but I believe it's closely related to Waite's statement, "that desire which is not in Nature, but by which Nature is sanctified." The rubedo (red) phase of the Work is also the fixatio (fixation) phase. This explains how it can be both "in the air" and "on the earth." The rubedo phase is often symbolized by a Phoenix in the old manuscripts. The red color represents life, or more precisely, eternal life (note the red color of Waite's lion). The fixatio phase is the final phase when the lapis (stone) solidifies.

ravenest

I dont get your point ??? (And that's saying something if I can get LRichards subtle points !)

Or is just a comment / ref to a similar process?

Could you explain your point in other words?

ravenest

I don't get Waite's point either (if that quote relates to the energy of the 2 of cups) The energy in the 2 of cups is THE desire by which nature IS 'sanctified'.

Margo9023

Ravenest

I don't get Waite's point either (if that quote relates to the energy of the 2 of cups) The energy in the 2 of cups is THE desire by which nature IS 'sanctified'.

Just a thought and maybe stupid but could it mean something like - each sacrificing a part of the other to become one? There is definitely a connection and coming together. Each compliments the other.